This content requires Adobe Flash Player version
Either you do not have Adobe Flash Player installed,
or your version is too old,
or there is a problem with your Flash installation and we were unable to detect it.
• Stock is dimensionally stable – use it for the most intricate work
• Deep hardening characteristics and fine grain structure
• Machines freely – fully spheroidized, annealed
• Full length identification – eliminates confusion with other steels
• Starrett uses its own ground flat stock and die stock for many of its fine precision tool parts
Furnished in 18" and 36" lengths, ground straight and parallel. HARDENING
It is recommended that stock be heated uniformly to 1450º-1500º F and quenched in oil. Temperature of the quenching oil should be 120º-140º F for best results. Do not quench in water because this is an oil hardening steel.
For maximum toughness, a tempering time of one hour at temperature is recommended. Use chart for selecting desired Rockwell C hardness and corresponding tempering temperature. The following may also be used as a guide depending on type of work.