This content requires Adobe Flash Player version
Either you do not have Adobe Flash Player installed,
or your version is too old,
or there is a problem with your Flash installation and we were unable to detect it.
The HDV horizontal digital video comparators combine the best features of a horizontal optical comparator and a vision metrology system. With a rigid steel design, they are configured like a traditional horizontal comparator. The workstage is the same as the Starrett field-proven HB400 and HD400 comparators, with a 110lb (50kg) load capacity. The heart of the system centers on a uniquely designed interchangeable lens mounting system coupled to a hi-resolution color digital video camera (patent pending). The system is available with a choice of seven telecentric lenses for micron-level resolution and optical distortion as low as 0.001% for accurate field-of-view (FOV) measurements. Lenses provide a maximun FOV of up to 2.44" x 1.85" (62mm x 47mm). Stage movement can be related to the imported file allowing part comparison up to 16" (400mm) long.
The HDV systems house a powerful 64-bit PC, which runs MetLogix M3 Metrology software. With this software, DXF CAD files can be imported and 2D Go/No-Go gages can be developed directly from the CAD files. Video edge detection (VED), allows real-time interaction of the imported file with the video image of the part being inspected. Productivity, speed and accuracy are all enhanced. Systems are available in manual or CNC control.
FEATURES • Steel construction with hard anodized X Y stage
• 12" x 6" (300mm x 150mm) of stage travel for HDV300
• 16" x 6" (400mm x 150mm) of stage travel for HDV400
• 21.3" x 5.1" (540mm x 130mm) workstage • 110lb (50kg) maximum load capacity • 2" (51mm) of focus travel • Helix angle adjustment with ±15° Vernier scale
• Manual X-Y and focus positioning via hand wheels or CNC w/joystick and trackball positioning
• Heidenhain glass scales for 0.5um (.00002") X and Y resolution
• LED illumination for surface and profile lighting • 5 megapixel color camera (2448 x 2058 pixels)
• Ultra-low distortion to 0.001% for telecentric FOV measurements
• 64-bit Intel® • Windows®
Processor 7 Professional operating system • MetLogix M3 software with DXF/FOV option pack
• Parts displayed on 24" (60cm) touch-screen color monitor (1920x1080 pixels)
• 7 interchangeable telecentric lenses for fields of view from 2.36" x 1.77" to 0.09" x 0.07" (patent pending)
• 6.5:1 zoom optics • 23" or 32" high cabinet stands • Calibration standards
WEIGHT AND DIMENSIONS HDV300 220lbs 100kg
For more information please see the Options and Specifications table at the end of this section.