This content requires Adobe Flash Player version
Either you do not have Adobe Flash Player installed,
or your version is too old,
or there is a problem with your Flash installation and we were unable to detect it.
The In-Line Splice Width Monitor enables continuous, real-time product and process quality feedback for both automatic and manual fabric ply splicing operations. This effectively minimizes finished tire sidewall bulges and depressions caused by out- of-tolerance splice widths created during material preparation.
The above measurement specifications are based on material line speed of 1 meter/second (3 feet/second). A faster laser (32kHz sampling frequency) may be required if line speeds are much greater than 1m/second.
• Enables repeatable detection of leading and trailing splice edges resulting in a more accurate splice width measurement
• Enables splice width to be measured without affecting cycle time
• Provides immediate product and process feedback
• Provides real-time data output to a PLC for automatic process control in automatic splicing operations
• Provides instant feedback to the operator of a manual splicing operation, thereby enabling immediate corrective actions to be made
• Enables width tolerances to be confidently reduced, eliminating heavy splices and saving material
• Improves splice width consistency across the entire product, minimizing open splices and improving tire radial uniformity
Check out our website for interactive features at starrett.com