Flow Meters and Level Sensors • Paddle Wheel Flow Meters
Metalex Paddlewheel Flow Sensor 525 Series
The Signet 525 Metalex Paddlewheel Flow Sensor combines stainless steel construction with insertion paddlewheel technology. The result is a highly reliable sensor suitable for operation at extreme pressures and temperatures. The Tungsten Carbide shaft and Rulon® B (Fluoroloy B/PTFE) bearing provides excellent wear resistance for extended service.
• For up to 103 bar (1500 psi @ safety factor 1.5) pressure • For up to 149 °C (300 °F) temperature • DN15 to DN300 (½ to 12 in.) pipe range • Simple installation
• Self-powered/ no external power required • 316 SS body (1.4401) • Tungsten Carbide or SS shaft • 7.6 m (25 ft) cable included • FM approved
• Operating range 0.5 to 6m/s (1.6 to 20 ft/s) appLications
• Boiler Feedwater Monitoring • HVAC Systems • Chemical Transport • Heat Exchangers • Reverse Osmosis • Cooling systems • Not Suitable for Gases
BuiLD a part nuMBer table 1
table 1 P525
table 2 -1 -2 -3
**See Fittings section.
table 2 -X
table 3 X
sensor part number
Metalex Flow sensor for high pressures and temperatures sensor style
used with ½ to 1 inch socket-weld mini-tap fittings** used with 1¼ to 12 inch weld-on mini-tap fittings** used with 2 to 12 inch strap-on saddle fittings**
table 3 -
rotor pin Material Tungsten Carbide 316 Stainless Steel
*Model 525 Ordering Notes
1) Each sensor option is used with a different fitting based on pipe size. 2) Fittings must be ordered separately. 3) See fittings section for more information.
• Use the Conduit Adapter Kit to protect the cable-to-sensor connection when used in outdoor environments. See Accessories section. • Use the Socket Weld or Weld-on Mini-Tap fittings for sensor installation in pres sures up to 1500 psi (103 bar).
• The 525 can be used in intrinsically safe areas using an approved barrier between the sensor and instrument.