• CDP - Continuous Data Protection
• New approach to data protection
• D2T - Disk to Tape
• Traditional backup model
• D2D - Disk to Disk
• Enables faster backup and recovery
• D2D2T - Disk to Disk to Tape
• Used for staged backups, enables faster backup
• Removes all servers from the backup data path, uses a Storage
• D2R2T - Disk through Router to Tape is the data path
• Used with SCSI Extended Copy Command
Disk to Tape
⎯ Move our information from disk to tape. This is the traditional way of
Disk to Disk
⎯ Faster backup and recovery. It is already in a usable format.
Disk to Disk to Tape
⎯ This is our stage backup approach.
So effectively we have online data, we’ve got our point in time copy of
our data and then we use the point in time copy to move it to tape.
This would be used in conjunction with split mirrors or some other sort of