• A Fabric will have a zone configuration referred
to as a zoneset
– There can only be one active zoneset in a Fabric
• When two fabrics are connected, they attempt to
merge zone configurations
– The administrator might need to create and activate the
zoneset, or clear one zone configuration before merging
• Conflicting zoning configuration can result in fabric
– Configuration mismatch
– Content mismatch
With zoning, we know that we have different options. We have to ensure that
our zones are configured correctly. When we try to merge 2 fabrics, there is
no guarantee that our fabrics will merge because it will check the zone
configurations between the 2 fabrics.
We can only have one active zoneset in one fabric.
So if we merge the fabrics that means our zone configuration has to merge.
When we do a merge we have to do zoneset passing to ensure there is only
one active zone database in the fabric.