1. Place the Exit Bag collar around the head, above the ears and scrumple up the bag so there is no air inside.
2. Set the regulator to 15 l/min (see below). 3. Turn on the gas from the cylinder. 4. Remove glasses or other protruding objects such as hear- ing aids.
5. Wait until the bag is fully inflated with the collar still sitting above the ears. This will take around two minutes. When full, the Bag should look like a balloon. Use a mir- ror to check. The nitrogen/ helium will begin escaping under the collar of the Bag (see below).
6. Position oneself in a steady, comfortable position. 7. To proceed, take some rapid, deep breaths (hyperventi- late). When ready, exhale completely, grasp the Bag with both hands, one on each side, and pull the bag down over the head.
8. With the Bag fully over the head, take a deep breath.