This page contains a Flash digital edition of a book.

ACCESS TO YOUR BUILDING – All traditional resi- dence halls, plus Centennial Hall, Sanctuary Hall, Sanctuary Townhomes and McCabe Hall, require a card swipe to enter. Additionally, Sheffield Square Apartments and the Vincent and Louise House require a university-issued key. Residents only have access privileges for the hall in which they live. Residents or guests without appropriate photo identification will be denied access to the residence halls. NO ID, NO ACCESS.

Front desks are located in each traditional residence hall, as well as in Sanctuary Hall, Sanctuary Townhomes and McCabe Hall.

• The Desk Receptionist on duty will verify that the ID card belongs to the person attempting to enter with it.

If the Desk Receptionist believes there is a discrepancy, the person may not be allowed to enter the building and the ID may be confiscated.

• Residents who are unable to provide their university- issued ID card will not be allowed access into the resi-

dence hall.

• To replace a lost or stolen ID card, residents must visit ID Card Services, located in the Lincoln Park Student

Center, Suite 109.

• Should a resident have any problems associated with his or her building access, he or she should contact the

Housing Services Main Office, Centennial Hall, Suite 301, or Public Safety after hours.

ACCESSIBILITY – Student Housing’s goal is to make all of our facilities and services accessible to all of the DePaul community. Please inform Housing Services or Residential Education staff of accessibility barriers you encounter, and request accommodations and information resources that will make living on campus accessible to everyone. If you have suggestions of how to make the residence halls more accessible, please contact the Office of Students with Disabilities at (773) 325-7290.

Residents who may require additional assistance in evacu- ating a hall in the event of an emergency should complete a Self-Identified Needs Form. Self-Identified Needs Forms are made available during check-in to the residence halls and are available year-round in the Area Offices.


housing buildings have spaces identified exclusively for the use of academic study.

BALCONIES/REAR STAIRWELLS - See “Your Safety” on page 26.

BICYCLES – It is suggested that all residents register their bikes with the Chicago Police Department. All bicycles on DePaul property not claimed at the end of the year become the property of the university. Any bikes that appear aban- doned will be removed at the discretion of facilities staff or Public Safety officers. Bicycles must be locked to a bike rack, located at each residence hall, or stored in the McCabe Hall corral, located under the north portico of the building. Bicycles stored in the McCabe Hall corral must be registered with Parking Services by completing the online form at Bikes locked to anything other than designated bike racks or the corral may be removed at any time by Public Safety. Bicycles are not allowed to be walked through the hallways, stored in campus housing units, stored on back porches of apartment units or stored underneath porch stairways.

COMMUNITY AREAS – Campus housing has a variety of community areas throughout its buildings. Study lounges, community kitchens, bathrooms and laundry facilities are located in every traditional residence hall. Apartments located in Sanctuary and Centennial halls have some common area spaces, including laundry rooms. Corcoran Hall features community music practice rooms. Hall staff will dispose of unattended personal items left in community areas for more than 24 hours.



Page 1  |  Page 2  |  Page 3  |  Page 4  |  Page 5  |  Page 6  |  Page 7  |  Page 8  |  Page 9  |  Page 10  |  Page 11  |  Page 12  |  Page 13  |  Page 14  |  Page 15  |  Page 16  |  Page 17  |  Page 18  |  Page 19  |  Page 20  |  Page 21  |  Page 22  |  Page 23  |  Page 24  |  Page 25  |  Page 26  |  Page 27  |  Page 28  |  Page 29  |  Page 30  |  Page 31  |  Page 32  |  Page 33  |  Page 34  |  Page 35  |  Page 36