UPBEAT TIMES, INC. • May 2018 • 29
Something We Could All Use In Our Sales Careers: The 7 Secrets To A Great Sales Call
1) ENERGY – Your energy over the phone will say everything about how the call is going to go. Energy is contagious. If one person is excited, the other person will have no choice but to match the excitement. This then puts the person answering the call in a great mood ready to listen and talk. Let’s be honest, no one wants to speak to Mr. Grumpy Gills over the phone when they are stuck in an office answering phone calls all day. They much rather talk to the happy, upbeat person that brings energy and joy to their day!
2) CONFIDENCE – This is a trait that is vital to making a call because when talking over the phone it shows the person you are the pro- fessional in the industry you are calling from. Think about it from your prospects view, would you rather work with a less confident Company or the Company that knows that they are the professionals and can provide you value? Point tak- en. So, when making that call, lift up your confidence levels in yourself and the company by already envisioning the call going great no matter what the outcome may be! You are the professional.
3) SMILE – Take a moment and smile. In that moment, doesn’t it feel good? Smiling always brings out a more positive vibe in people. To some it may sound silly but smiling over the phone puts yourself in a confident and energetic mood, that will surely help you make a great call!
4) GET COMFORTABLE – Get comfortable making that call. Whether it is standing up
or sitting down. Pacing around the room or finding a specific spot to make calls. Make it comfortable for yourself. The more comfortable you are, the more likely it becomes a rou- tine and 2nd nature.
5) LISTEN –
This is where most salesmen shoot themselves in the foot. People want to know that you genuinely care about them and their business before they buy from you. Ask questions and listen to what they have to say. Form your questions so that they are about their business, but they also give you insights on a solution you may be able to provide them. Ask questions, LISTEN, and reiterate to them what you heard to provide them with the best possible solution from your company.
6) INFORMATION – After having this conversa- tion with the prospect over the phone ask for their e-mail or the best person to reach in regard to making the decision on your product. Then send them information about your Company providing them with feedback on how you could de- liver the best possible solution to their problem. This shows that you actually paid attention to them and you genuinely care about their Business.
7) FOLLOW UP – When you have their informa- tion and notes on the best solu- tion for them, ask for a meeting or a follow up call that will fit their schedule. This way you can guarantee that they will look into your business and the next time you meet with them, they will have questions or want to move further with your product.
Inspire! Upbeat in Santa Rosa, California! Weird Facts & Trivia - 8
The song ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written for Thanks- giving.
The longest Monopoly game in history lasted for 70 straight days.
There’s a superhero called ‘Normalman’. In his world, he is the only person without superpowers on a planet full of superheroes.
Donald Duck’s full name is Donald Fauntleroy Duck.
Bob & Peggy Rogers of Northwestern California Rotary Inter- national District 5130. Bob has been the District Governor for 2017-2018. He is part of the Rotary Club of Sebastopol and is a friend of the Upbeat Times. Great guy and lots of fun! His wife Peggy is a wonderful lady as well! ~ PAD
The longest movie made lasts 85 hours and is fittingly titled ‘The Cure for Insomnia’.
It takes about 1 million plays on Pandora for a songwriter to earn $90 off of that song.
Bella Loves Western Farm Center because they’re pet Friendly!
Bella is a Tea Cup Toy Poodle and weighs only four pounds. We spotted Bella in the arms of her owner Donna Boatman. She was so cute! Donna has been shopping for specialty dog food and pet supplies for over 27 years only found at Western Farm Center. She loves the fact that she can bring her dog right in the store. Bella’s favorite toy is a mini stuffed kitty that she carries all around the house.
Western Farm Center (707) 545-0721
21 West 7th Street • Santa Rosa There is no sincerer love than the love of food. ~George Bernard Shaw
Since 1967 we’ve been the favorite place to shop for your pets & farm animals!
Open Mon-Sat 8am-5:30pm • Sun 9:30am-4pm www.westernfarmcenter.com
UPBEAT TIMES, INC. • May 2018 • 29
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4
| Page 5
| Page 6
| Page 7
| Page 8
| Page 9
| Page 10
| Page 11
| Page 12
| Page 13
| Page 14
| Page 15
| Page 16
| Page 17
| Page 18
| Page 19
| Page 20
| Page 21
| Page 22
| Page 23
| Page 24
| Page 25
| Page 26
| Page 27
| Page 28
| Page 29
| Page 30
| Page 31
| Page 32