Read the Medication Guide that comes with ANORO ELLIPTA before you start using it and each time you get a refill. There may be new information. This summary does not take the place of talking to your healthcare provider about your medical condition or treatment.
What is the most important information I should know about ANORO ELLIPTA?
ANORO ELLIPTA is only approved for use in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). ANORO ELLIPTA is NOT approved for use in asthma.
ANORO ELLIPTA can cause serious side effects, including:
• People with asthma who take long-acting beta2
-adrenergic agonist (LABA) medicines, such as vilanterol (one of the medicines in ANORO ELLIPTA), have an increased risk of death from asthma problems.
• It is not known if LABA medicines, such as vilanterol (one of the medicines in ANORO ELLIPTA), increase the risk of death in people with COPD.
• Call your healthcare provider if breathing problems worsen over time while using ANORO ELLIPTA. You may need different treatment.
• Get emergency medical care if: • your breathing problems worsen quickly
• you use your rescue inhaler, but it does not relieve your breathing problems. What is ANORO ELLIPTA?
ANORO ELLIPTA combines an anticholinergic, umeclidinium, and a LABA medicine, vilanterol.
Anticholinergic and LABA medicines help the muscles around the airways in your lungs stay relaxed to prevent symptoms such as wheezing, cough, chest tightness, and shortness of breath. These symptoms can happen when the muscles around the airways tighten. This makes it hard to breathe.
ANORO ELLIPTA is a prescription medicine used to treat COPD. COPD is a chronic lung disease that includes chronic bronchitis, emphysema, or both. ANORO ELLIPTA is used long term as 1 inhalation, 1 time each day, to improve symptoms of COPD for better breathing.
• ANORO ELLIPTA is not for use to treat sudden symptoms of COPD. Always have a rescue inhaler (an inhaled, short-acting bronchodilator)
with you to treat sudden symptoms. If you do not have a rescue inhaler, contact your healthcare provider to have one prescribed for you.
• ANORO ELLIPTA is not for the treatment of asthma. It is not known if ANORO ELLIPTA is safe and effective in people with asthma.
• ANORO ELLIPTA should not be used in children. It is not known if ANORO ELLIPTA is safe and effective in children.
Who should not use ANORO ELLIPTA? Do not use ANORO ELLIPTA if you:
• have a severe allergy to milk proteins. Ask your healthcare provider if you are not sure.
• are allergic to umeclidinium, vilanterol, or any of the ingredients in ANORO ELLIPTA. See “What are the ingredients in ANORO ELLIPTA?” on next page for a complete list of ingredients.
What should I tell my healthcare provider before using ANORO ELLIPTA?
Tell your healthcare provider about all of your health conditions, including if you:
• have heart problems • have high blood pressure • have seizures • have thyroid problems • have diabetes • have liver problems • have eye problems such
Especially tell your healthcare provider if you take:
• anticholinergics (including tiotropium, ipratropium, aclidinium)
Know the medicines you take. Keep a list of them to show your healthcare provider and pharmacist when you get a new medicine.
How should I use ANORO ELLIPTA?
Read the step-by-step instructions for using ANORO ELLIPTA at the end of the Medication Guide.
• Do not use ANORO ELLIPTA unless your healthcare provider has taught you how to use the inhaler and you understand how to use it correctly.
• Use ANORO ELLIPTA exactly as your healthcare provider tells you to use it. Do not use ANORO ELLIPTA more often than prescribed.
• Use 1 inhalation of ANORO ELLIPTA 1 time each day. Use ANORO ELLIPTA at the same time each day.
• If you miss a dose of ANORO ELLIPTA, take it as soon as you remember. Do not take more than 1 inhalation each day. Take your next dose at your usual time. Do not take 2 doses at one time.
as glaucoma. ANORO ELLIPTA may make your glaucoma worse.
• have prostate or bladder problems, or problems passing urine. ANORO ELLIPTA may make these problems worse.
• are allergic to any of the ingredients in ANORO ELLIPTA, any other medicines, or food products. See “What are the ingredients in ANORO ELLIPTA?” on next page for a complete list of ingredients.
• have any other medical conditions
• are pregnant or planning to become pregnant. It is not known if ANORO ELLIPTA may harm your unborn baby.
• are breastfeeding. It is not known if the medicines in ANORO ELLIPTA pass into your milk and if they can harm your baby.
Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements. ANORO ELLIPTA and certain other medicines may interact with each other. This may cause serious side effects.
• If you take too much ANORO ELLIPTA, call your healthcare provider or go to the nearest hospital emergency room right away if you have any unusual symptoms, such as worsening shortness of breath, chest pain, increased heart rate, or shakiness.
• Do not use other medicines that contain a LABA or an anticholinergic for any reason. Ask your healthcare provider or pharmacist if any of your other medicines are LABA or anticholinergic medicines.
• Do not stop using ANORO ELLIPTA unless told to do so by your healthcare provider because your symptoms might get worse. Your healthcare provider will change your medicines as needed.
• ANORO ELLIPTA does not relieve sudden symptoms. Always have a rescue inhaler with you to treat sudden symptoms. If you do not have a rescue inhaler, call your healthcare provider to have one prescribed for you.
• Call your healthcare provider or get medical care right away if:
• your breathing problems get worse
• you need to use your rescue inhaler more often than usual
• your rescue inhaler does not work as well to relieve your symptoms
(continued on next page) © PARADE Publications 2014. All rights reserved
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4
| Page 5
| Page 6
| Page 7
| Page 8
| Page 9
| Page 10
| Page 11
| Page 12
| Page 13
| Page 14
| Page 15
| Page 16
| Page 17
| Page 18
| Page 19
| Page 20
| Page 21
| Page 22
| Page 23
| Page 24