This page contains a Flash digital edition of a book.
McKenny Hall was dedicated in October 1931 as McKenny Union—and was anything but hidden in its heyday, as approximately 8,000 people per day visited the building. There was a bowling alley, food venues, a bank, a mail center and offices—plus the 4,300-square- foot ballroom seen here. When the Student Center opened in 2006, however, McKenny traffic dwindled, and the ballroom was seldom used until early 2013. Similarly, scenes like that below from the balcony on the second floor are often missed by much of the current student body.


Eastern | FALL 2013 27


Page 1  |  Page 2  |  Page 3  |  Page 4  |  Page 5  |  Page 6  |  Page 7  |  Page 8  |  Page 9  |  Page 10  |  Page 11  |  Page 12  |  Page 13  |  Page 14  |  Page 15  |  Page 16  |  Page 17  |  Page 18  |  Page 19  |  Page 20  |  Page 21  |  Page 22  |  Page 23  |  Page 24  |  Page 25  |  Page 26  |  Page 27  |  Page 28  |  Page 29  |  Page 30  |  Page 31  |  Page 32  |  Page 33  |  Page 34  |  Page 35  |  Page 36  |  Page 37  |  Page 38  |  Page 39  |  Page 40