31. APPROVED a provisional sanction
for the 2015 U.S. Figure Skating
Championships; Jan. 17-25, 2013, Greensboro, N.C. 32. APPROVED a provisional sanction
Championships; Jan. 16-24, 2016; St. Paul, Minn.
December 3, 2012 33. APPROVED the reelection of John Misha Petkevich as a U.S. Figure Skating- elected member of the U.S. Figure Skating Foundation Board of Trustees.
34. APPROVED the selection procedures for the additional officials for the Olympic Winter Games and the athletes for the World Championships, Four Continents Championships and World Junior Championships.
December 19, 2012 35. APPROVED the SafeSport Handbook.
January 7, 2013 36. APPROVED a final sanction for the 2013 U.S. Synchronized Skating Championships; Feb. 27-March 2, 2013; Plymouth, Mich.; Detroit Metro Council.
February 23, 2013 37. APPROVED a 2013-14 budget for presentation to Governing Council.
March 11, 2013 38. APPROVED the modifications to the Convention Standing Rules. (The modified Convention Standing Rules are published in this Governing Council meeting book.)
39. APPROVED the following IJOC recommendations for nomination to the ISU to take the exam for the following roles: Roger Glenn, ISU Singles/Pairs Referee Jenny Mast, ISU Dance Referee Shawn Rettstatt, ISU Dance Referee Doug Williams, ISU Singles/Pairs Judge
40. APPROVED the final sanction for 2013 U.S. Adult Championships; April 9-13, 2013; Scottsdale, Ariz.; Coyotes SC of Arizona.
41. APPROVED the final sanction for 2013 National Theatre On Ice; June 20-22, 2013; Troy, Ohio; Troy SC.
42. APPROVED the final sanction for National Showcase 2013; Aug. 1-3, 2013; Hyannis, Mass.; Bourne SC.
43. APPROVED the final sanction for 2014 National Theatre On Ice; June 26-28, 2014; Dearborn, Mich.; Dearborn FSC.
April 8, 2013 44. APPROVED a final sanction for 2013 Skate America; Oct. 18-20, 2013, Detroit, Mich.
45. APPROVED a final sanction for the 2013 U.S. International Figure Skating Classic; Sept. 11-15, 2013; Salt Lake City, Utah.
46. APPROVED the submission of Boston, Mass., to the ISU as U.S. Figure Skat- ing’s nominated city to host the 2016 ISU World Figure Skating Champion- ships.
May 3, 2013 47. APPROVED a final sanction for the 2014 U.S. Synchronized Skating Cham- pionships; Feb. 26–March 1, 2014; Colorado Springs, Colo.; Broadmoor SC.
48. APPROVED a final sanction for the 2015 U.S. Synchronized Skating Champi- onships; Feb. 25-28, 2015; Providence, R.I.; Warwick Figure Skaters.
49. APPROVED the following amendments to “Depreciation Expenses” in the 2014 Proposed Budget (page 79 of the 2013 Governing Council meeting book) as follows: •
Changed “Depreciation Expenses” to “Depreciation & Amortization Ex- penses”.
• Changed the listed expense of $147,764 to $230,000. •
Caused the “Net Income (Loss) After Depreciation” to change from $89,958 to $7,722.
for the 2016 U.S. Figure Skating 51. ADOPTED the agenda for the meeting.
52. APPROVED the report of the Minutes Committee of the May 2012 Govern- ing Council meeting held May 4-5, 2012, in Myrtle Beach, S.C.
53. APPOINTED the new Minutes Committee for this 2013 Governing Council meeting of Dina Gold (chair), Linda Chihara (Rules Committee chair) and Tiffany Vise (athlete member).
54. AWARDED full membership in U.S. Figure Skating to the following provisional club: Journey FSC, Monroe, Mich.
ATHLETE SERVICES GROUP (GROUP 1)
There were no requests for action submitted by the Athlete Services Group. MEMBERSHIP DEVELOPMENT GROUP (GROUP 2)
55. APPROVED AS AMENDED – Membership Committee Amend rule MR 2.04 (A)-(D) (page 81, Rulebook) as follows:
MR 2.04 Definitions: A. The “principal skating headquarters” of a club shall be is the address of the rink in which the club conducts the majority of its skating sessions activities. This address shall will be recorded in the U.S. Figure Skating database under the club’s name. A club may name only one principal skating headquarters. Clubs in violation of this rule shall may be subject to disciplinary action by the Membership Committee. This listing is in place to protect the ice of one club from being usurped by another (see rule MR 7.01).
B. To maintain a club’s principal skating headquarters, a Facility Usage Form must be completed each year by the club president, certifying the facility is the principal skating headquarters of said club and said club secures ice and/or runs sanctioned activities uses ice at the facility certified as the principal skating headquarters in compliance with MR 2.04 (A). Clubs in violation of this rule shall may be subject to disciplinary action by the Membership Committee, including omission of said principal skating headquarters from the U.S. Figure Skating directory.
C. Other rink locations, listed as “additional rink addresses” in the U.S. Figure Skating directory and database, may be listed by the club. These locations are defined as any other surface where the club contracts secures ice. These listings are in place to protect the ice activities of one club from being usurped by another (see rule MR 7.01) and for additional insurance coverage.
D. An “inactive member club” is a club that has been granted inactive status by the chair of the Membership Committee in accordance with MR 3.11 as a result of the club’s inability to maintain membership to conduct private sessions due to loss of ice, or a club which has been placed in such status by action of the Membership Committee in accordance with rule MR 6.12.
Implementation date: July 1, 2013
56. APPROVED – Membership Committee Amend rule MR 4.00 (page 83, Rulebook) as follows:
MR 4.00 Qualifications for Interim Club Membership MR 4.01 The applicant club must submit, with its application, payment of the fee listed on the application form $50. Upon approval, such club shall will receive a copy of the current rulebook as well as general information and assistance helpful to new clubs.
Implementation date: July 1, 2013
57. APPROVED AS AMENDED – Membership Committee Amend rule MR 7.01 (B) (pages 87-88, Rulebook) as follows:
MR 7.00 Club Ethics MR 7.01 A member club may file a written complaint with the Membership Committee chair if the club has reason to believe that unfair practices, prejudicial to the club, are being employed by another club. The Mem- bership Committee is authorized to consider such a written complaint and make recommendations to the Board of Directors for appropriate action. B.
It is an unfair practice for a member club (full, interim or provisional) to conduct tests or sanctioned events such as carnivals, exhibitions, U.S. Figure Skating Basic Skills programs or competitions at the prin- cipal skating headquarters of another member club (full, provisional or interim), without first having obtained the permission of the other
62 AUGUST/SEPTEMBER 2013
ACTIONS TAKEN BY THE GOVERNING COUNCIL COLORADO SPRINGS, COLO.
May 4-5, 2013 50. ADOPTED the convention standing rules.
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4
| Page 5
| Page 6
| Page 7
| Page 8
| Page 9
| Page 10
| Page 11
| Page 12
| Page 13
| Page 14
| Page 15
| Page 16
| Page 17
| Page 18
| Page 19
| Page 20
| Page 21
| Page 22
| Page 23
| Page 24
| Page 25
| Page 26
| Page 27
| Page 28
| Page 29
| Page 30
| Page 31
| Page 32
| Page 33
| Page 34
| Page 35
| Page 36
| Page 37
| Page 38
| Page 39
| Page 40
| Page 41
| Page 42
| Page 43
| Page 44
| Page 45
| Page 46
| Page 47
| Page 48
| Page 49
| Page 50
| Page 51
| Page 52
| Page 53
| Page 54
| Page 55
| Page 56
| Page 57
| Page 58
| Page 59
| Page 60
| Page 61
| Page 62
| Page 63
| Page 64
| Page 65
| Page 66
| Page 67
| Page 68
| Page 69
| Page 70
| Page 71
| Page 72
| Page 73
| Page 74
| Page 75
| Page 76