General Director of Publications
Joseph A. Mirkovich
church of god
Editor in Chief
James E. Cossey
Director of Operations
Director of Accounting
J. Wayne Walston
Director of Printing
VOLUME 99 / ISSUE 4 / APRIL 2009
9 16 22
DESIGN AND PRODUCTION
Terry Hart, Chair
DECLARATION OF FAITH
Ray E. Hurt
Dale R. Dyar
1. In the verbal inspiration of the Bible.
B. Randall Hamon
2. In one God eternally existing in three persons; namely, the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
K. Leroy Kerbo
3. That Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of the Father, conceived of the Holy Ghost,
and born of the Virgin Mary. That Jesus was crucified, buried, and raised from the dead.
That He ascended to heaven and is today at the right hand of the Father as the Intercessor.
4. That all have sinned and come short of the glory of God and that repentance is
commanded of God for all and necessary for forgiveness of sins.
5. That justification, regeneration, and the new birth are wrought by faith in the blood of
Raymond F. Culpepper
First Assistant General Overseer
Timothy M. Hill 6. In sanctification subsequent to the new birth, through faith in the blood of Christ;
Second Assistant General Overseer
through the Word, and by the Holy Ghost.
Mark L. Williams
Third Assistant General Overseer 7. Holiness to be God’s standard of living for His people.
David M. Griffis
8. In the baptism with the Holy Ghost subsequent to a clean heart.
Wallace J. Sibley
9. In speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance and that it is the initial
CHURCH OF GOD congregations meet in more than 6,500
evidence of the baptism in the Holy Ghost.
local churches in the United States and in 26,000 churches
in other countries. To find a church and times of services near
you, access the church Web site, www.churchofgod.cc
10. In water baptism by immersion, and all who repent should be baptized in the name of
fax your request to 423-478-7616.
the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.
Differing points of view mark the Christian community. Pub-
lication of material in the Evangel does not necessarily imply
11. Divine healing is provided for all in the Atonement.
endorsement of the Church of God.
The Church of God Evangel (ISSN 0745-6778) is edited
12. In the Lord’s Supper and washing of the saints’ feet.
and published monthly. ■ Church of God Publishing
House, 1080 Montgomery Ave., P.O. Box 2250, Cleveland,
13. In the premillennial second coming of Jesus. First, to resurrect the righteous dead and to
TN 37320-2250 ■ Subscription rates: Single subscription
per year $17, Canada $24, Bundle of 15 per month $17, catch away the living saints to Him in the air. Second, to reign on the earth a thousand
Canada $28, Bundle of 5 per month $7.50, Canada $11.25
■ Single copy $1.50 ■ Periodical postage paid at Cleve-
land, TN 37311 and at additional mailing offices ■ ©2009
Church of God Publications ■ All rights reserved ■ POST-
14. In the bodily resurrection; eternal life for the righteous, and eternal punishment for
MASTER: Send change of address to Evangel, P.O. Box
2250, Cleveland, TN 37320-2250. (USPS 112-240)
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4
| Page 5
| Page 6
| Page 7
| Page 8
| Page 9
| Page 10
| Page 11
| Page 12
| Page 13
| Page 14
| Page 15
| Page 16
| Page 17
| Page 18
| Page 19
| Page 20
| Page 21
| Page 22
| Page 23
| Page 24
| Page 25
| Page 26
| Page 27
| Page 28
| Page 29
| Page 30
| Page 31
| Page 32
| Page 33
| Page 34
| Page 35