Homeopathy for Labour
Homeopathy is a safe, natural, holistic medicine you can use yourself to help iron out the ups and downs of giving birth, and to speed recovery afterwards. Many women consult a professional Homeopath throughout their pregnancy, yet with some initial guidance and a small remedy kit, it’s easy for you and your birth partner to choose and use helpful remedies before, during, and after the birth. Here are ten remedies you don’t want to be without:
1. First Stage of Labour; Caulophyllum (Blue Cohosh) - A traditional remedy to help dilate your cervix and establish strong, productive contractions.
2. Emotional Support; Pulsatilla (Pasque Flower) - Use during labour, a wonderful remedy if you feel weepy and helpless, wanting cuddles & sympathy. Professional Homeopaths may also use in late pregnancy to encourage a breech baby to turn.
3. Fast Labour; Aconite (Monkshood) - If labour is too quick, with extremely painful contractions, Aconite can calm anxiety and fearfulness. After very fast births, it can help your newborn recover.
4. Backache Labour; Kali Carb (Potassium Carbonate) - Also helpful with a posterior presentation, especially if you feel weak yet highly irritable!
5. Exhaustion; Kali Phos (Potassium Phosphate) - Best taken between contractions, this is the No.1 remedy for total physical and nervous exhaustion… when you feel you can’t go on. Good for your birth partner too!
6. Physical Trauma; Arnica (Mountain Daisy) - Use during labour to help lift exhaustion and give you a “second wind”. After the birth, it can help reduce bleeding and bruising, so you heal faster, with less of that “bruised & battered” feeling.
7. Retained Placenta; Secale (Spurred Rye) Use to encourage the placenta to be pushed out naturally, and to counteract side effects of Syntometrine.
8. Emotional Upset: Staphysagria (Stavesacre) Can be helpful if you feel upset, indignant, and angry about the way your birth was handled, particularly after intrusive interventions.
9. Healing; Hypericum (St John’s Wort) – Can aid healing in nerve-rich areas; after epidurals, caesareans, episiotomies and forceps deliveries.
10. Breastfeeding; Phytolacca (Poke Root) – For cracked nipples, blocked milk ducts and mastitis. Invaluable!
Author, Sydommne Peace, Registered Homeopath, Beta Health Clinic, 67 Marlowes, Hemel Hempstead, HP1 1LE, Tel 01442 249080.
Editor, Helen McClorry, Babies on board Magazine. BETA HOMEOPATHY
Are you PREGNANT and experiencing stress, anxiety, morning sickness or heartburn?
Does your BABY have reflux, colic, winter snuffles or sleep issues?
Are YOU suffering with c-section healing, mastitis or new mum stress?
Try Homeopathy for natural symptom relief.
For Info and bookings call 01442 249080
The Beta Health Clinic, 67 Marlowes, Hemel Hempstead, HP1 1LE
20% OFF your first Consultation when you mention BABIES ON BOARD
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4
| Page 5
| Page 6
| Page 7
| Page 8
| Page 9
| Page 10
| Page 11
| Page 12
| Page 13
| Page 14
| Page 15
| Page 16
| Page 17
| Page 18
| Page 19
| Page 20
| Page 21
| Page 22
| Page 23
| Page 24
| Page 25
| Page 26
| Page 27
| Page 28
| Page 29
| Page 30
| Page 31
| Page 32