opment, debate and discussion should be the action taken; if there is low expertise, training d be the action.
d be the action.
y the areas in which this school has clarity and expertise and where it needs to improve. y the areas in which this school has clarity and expertise and where it needs to improve.
Culture, Climate and Clarity People
is an example of what the web-based evaluation system produces - Hopefully you can see is an example of what the web-based evaluation system produces - Hopefully you can see
everything curriculum | April 2018
Here is an example of what the web–based evaluation system produces. Hopefully you can see clearly the areas in which this school has clarity and expertise and where it needs to improve.
Nearly 250 schools are already using this system and finding it a useful alternative to preparing for Ofsted. In particular, it has helped them to focus on the daily job of teaching and there’s now little or no preparation for Ofsted.
Here are some things it has given the schools the confidence to do:
1. Don’t worry about grading lessons – Ofsted stopped doing this some time ago.
2. Don’t worry about the quantity of written marking – Ofsted don’t have any fixed view on how much or how frequently pupils’ work should be marked.
3. Don’t produce extra paperwork for Ofsted – most things they want to see are already on your website and the rest is somewhere in school already.
4. Don’t put on a special show in lessons – Ofsted look at how well children are progressing over time, not how ‘sparkly’ lessons are.
5. Do show inspectors what you do every single day – business as usual.
Ofsted does not require self– evaluation to be graded or provided in any specific format.
Chris Quigley is a specialist in primary education. He has been a teacher, head teacher, lead inspector and trainer of school inspectors. He is best known for his inspiring talks and his clear, easy to use support materials. If you would like more information on Chris Quigley’s Leadership Lenses and the Magic Quadrant® system, please visit chrisquigley.co.uk
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4
| Page 5
| Page 6
| Page 7
| Page 8
| Page 9
| Page 10
| Page 11
| Page 12
| Page 13
| Page 14
| Page 15
| Page 16
| Page 17
| Page 18
| Page 19
| Page 20