25. An 8-month treatment with omega-3 fatty acids (EPA and DHA) has a positive effects, such as decreasing inflammation, in patients with cystic fibrosis.
26. Omega-3 fatty acids may have a protective effect against mucus over-production caused by pulmonary bacterial colo- nization in cystic fibrosis.
27. Omega-3 fatty acid supplementation reduces inflamma- tory biomarkers, erythrocyte sedimentation rate, and interleu- kin-8 concentrations in cystic fibrosis patients.
28. DHA increases resistance to Pseudomonas aeruginosa infection.
29. EPA supplementation has therapeutic value in the treatment of chronic hepatitis C patients.
30. EPA and DHA have therapeutic value in the treatment of systemic lupus erythmeatosus.
31. Omega-3 fish oil reduces the severity of symptoms in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus.
32. Fish and long-chain omega-3 fatty acid intake reduce the risk of coronary heart disease and total mortalityin diabetic women.
33. Higher plasma concentrations of EPA and DPA are associ- ated with a lower risk of nonfatal myocardial infarction among women.
34. Omega-3 fatty acid consumption is inversely associated with incidence of hypertension.
35. Fish oil, but not flaxseed oil, decreases inflammation and prevents pressure overload-induced cardiac dysfunction.
36. The consumption of fish reduces the risk of ischemic stroke in elderly individuals.
37. A moderate intake of EPA and DHA may postpone cogni- tive decline in elderly men.
38. Omega-3 fatty acids may have a therapeutic effect on postpartum depression.
39. Omega-3 fatty acids may have therapeutic value in the treatment of dry eye syndrome.
40. Omega-3 fatty acid supplementation exhibits therapeutic value in the treatment of children with attention-deficit/hyper- activity disorder (ADHD) symptomatology.
41. Fish consumption reduces the risk of ischemic stroke in men.
42. Omega-3 Fatty acids supplementation prevents and re- verses insulin resistance.
43. Omega-3 fatty acids prevent the formation of urinary cal-
atural hormone replacement therapy corrects the loss of our hormones that comes through aging and menopause. The term "natural hormone" means the bioidentical hormone our bodies make, and not synthetic ones made by the pharma- ceutical industry, which can be harmful as well as helpful. With replacement, patients report an increase in their psy- chological well being. PMS symptoms can be resolved, not uncommonly, in weeks. The medical benefits are a decrease in cardiac and vascular disease, strokes, diabetes, Alzheimer's, and even cancers. Because our goal is to return hormone levels to an optimal range, we test the following for any deficiencies: Thyroid hormone, which regulates temperature, metabo-
lism, cerebral function, and energy levels. It can protect against cardiovascular disease, Alzheimer's disease, memory loss, fatigue and weight gain. DHEA, which stimulates the immune system, can restore
sexual vitality, improves moods, and decreases cholesterol and body fat. It improves memory, increases energy, and has anti- cancer properties by enhancing the immune system. Melatonin, which influences the quality and quantity of sleep, is also an energizer, a mood enhancer, and an antioxidant. It has also been shown to decrease the incidence of nocturia (getting up at night to urinate). Estrogen, has been proven to reduce the effects of heart
disease, stroke, high cholesterol, Alzheimer's disease, memory loss, menopausal symptoms, osteoporosis, skin thinning, the incidence of depression, and reverse the lack of libido. Progesterone, which acts as an antidepressant, mild tranquil-
izer, and natural painkiller. Bioidentical progesterone can elimi- nate symptoms of menopause, PMS emotional instability, headaches, and mood swings. Testosterone, which drops significantly in men over age 50.
This lowered level accounts for a loss of a man's sense of well- being, decrease in sex drive, loss of general muscle mass, in- creased abdominal obesity, osteoporosis, decrease in mental acuity, and decreased strength and endurance. And, yes, tes- tosterone levels should be tested in women, as well. Testoster- one therapy can reverse the gradual sexual apathy that occurs over time, while also increasing energy, and strength.
Do you want to feel better? Call the number below for a consult. The $200 charge is applied to the treatment fee if you elect to go forward. The conversation you and I have may be the best investment you ever made in your health and well being!
Has Your Local Integrative Doctor Stopped Working with Bio-Identical HRT?
Struggling with Menopause? Overcome it with BHRT.
Local, experienced and taking new patients.
Virgil V. Willard II, MD & Bandit
PIEDMONT AGE MANAGEMENT PIEDMONT PLASTIC SURGERY
1011 N. Lindsay St., Ste. 202, High Point 27262 336-886-1667
m NOVEMBER 2020
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4
| Page 5
| Page 6
| Page 7
| Page 8
| Page 9
| Page 10
| Page 11
| Page 12
| Page 13
| Page 14
| Page 15
| Page 16
| Page 17
| Page 18
| Page 19
| Page 20
| Page 21
| Page 22
| Page 23
| Page 24
| Page 25
| Page 26
| Page 27
| Page 28
| Page 29
| Page 30
| Page 31
| Page 32