9. Omega-3 fatty acid reduce the total mortality and sudden death in patients with left ventricular systolic dysfunction.
10. Raising blood levels of omega-3 fatty acid levels may be 8 times effective than distributing automated external defibril- lators (AEDs), and 2 times more effective than implanting implanting cardioverter defibrillators (ICDs) in preventing sudden death.
11. Omega-3 fatty acid supplementation reduces total mortal- ity and sudden death in patients who have already had a heart attack.
12. Consuming small quantities of fish is associated with a reduction in coronary heart disease.
13. Omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin D supplementation results in a substantial reduction in coronary calcium scores and slowed plaque growth.
14. Omega-3 fatty acids prevent atrial fibrillation after coronary artery bypass surgery.
15. Omega-3 fatty acid supplementation has a therapeutic effect in children with ADHD.
16. A combination of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids as well as magnesium and zinc consumption provide a beneficial ef-
fect on attentional, behavioural, and emotional problems of children and adolescents.
17. Fish oil supplementation has a significant therapeutic effect on children with autism.
18. Omega-3 fatty acids appear to be an effective treatment for children with autism
19. Omega-3 fatty acids improve macro- and microvascular function in subjects with type 2 diabetes mellitus.
20. In patients with stable coronary artery disease, an inde- pendent and inverse association exists between n-3 fatty acid levels and inflammatory biomarkers.
21. Omega-3 fatty acids improve endothelial function in pe- ripheral arterial disease.
22. Fish oil has a beneficial effect on blood viscosity in periph- eral vascular disease.
23. Fish oil supplementation improves walking distance in peripheral arterial disease.
24. The omega-3 fatty acid docosapentaenoic acid (DPA) re- duces the risk of peripheral arterial disease associated with smoking.
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4
| Page 5
| Page 6
| Page 7
| Page 8
| Page 9
| Page 10
| Page 11
| Page 12
| Page 13
| Page 14
| Page 15
| Page 16
| Page 17
| Page 18
| Page 19
| Page 20
| Page 21
| Page 22
| Page 23
| Page 24
| Page 25
| Page 26
| Page 27
| Page 28
| Page 29
| Page 30
| Page 31
| Page 32