Lentil Turkey Burgers Yield: 12 burgers
• 2 c cooked lentils • 1 lbs ground turkey, 85% lean • ½ c onions, finely chopped • ½ c celery, finely chopped • 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard • 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce • 2 Tablespoons Ketchup • ½ tsp Pepper • ½ tsp Salt
• ½ tsp garlic powder • 2 eggs • 12 whole wheat hamburger buns • Toppings of choice: - ¼ c spinach
- 1 slice mozzarella (or cheese of choice) - 1 slice tomato - 1 slice onion
Directions: 1. Pour lentils and water in a pot and bring it to a boil. Once boiling, let lentils simmer for 20 minutes or until they’re soft.
2. While the lentils are cooking, finely chop the onions and celery.
3. In a bowl, mix the onions, celery, mustard soy sauce, pepper, salt, and garlic powder.
4. When the lentils are done cooking, add 2 cups cooked lentils, eggs, and ground turkey in the bowl then mash the mixture up with a fork or potato smasher.
5. Pre-heat a non-stick pan on medium heat. Scoop and roll the mixture into a fist-sized ball. Let it cook until both sides are well done.
6. Top with your choice of cheese, condiments, tomatoes, onion, and greens on a whole wheat hamburger bun to enjoy!
Written by Alexis Sharkey, Lauren San Diego, RDN; Roberta Silva, PhD; Heather Colleran, RDN, PhD, North Carolina Agri- cultural and Technical State University, Benbow Hall Room 205A 1601 East Market Street, Greensboro. 336-285-3627.
Pain Medicine When All Else Fails
Mitchell J. Bloom, MD, FAAPMR, DABPMR 7E Oak Branch Drive, Greensboro 336-944-9400 www.IntegrativePainMD.co
hormone our bodies make, and not synthetic ones made by the pharmaceutical industry, which can be harmful as well as helpful. With replacement, patients report an increase in their psy- chological well being. PMS symptoms can be resolved, not uncommonly, in weeks. The medical benefits are a decrease in cardiac disease, vascular disease, strokes, diabetes, Alzheimer's disease, and even cancers. Because our goal is to return hormone levels to an optimal range, we test the following for any deficiencies: Thyroid hormone, which regulates temperature, metabo-
lism, cerebral function, and energy levels. It can protect against cardiovascular disease, Alzheimer's disease, memory loss, fatigue and weight gain. DHEA, which stimulates the immune system, can restore
sexual vitality, improves moods, and decreases cholesterol and body fat. It improves memory, increases energy, and has anti- cancer properties by enhancing the immune system. Melatonin, which influences the quality and quantity of sleep, is also an energizer, a mood enhancer, and an antioxidant. It has also been shown to decrease the incidence of nocturia (getting up at night to urinate). Estrogen, has been proven to reduce the effects of heart
disease, stroke, high cholesterol, Alzheimer's disease, memory loss, menopausal symptoms, osteoporosis, skin thinning, the incidence of depression, and reverse the lack of libido. Progesterone, which acts as an antidepressant, mild tranquil-
izer, and natural painkiller. Bioidentical progesterone can elimi- nate symptoms of menopause, PMS emotional instability, headaches, and mood swings. Testosterone, which drops significantly in men over age 50.
This lowered level accounts for a loss of a man's sense of well- being, decrease in decrease in sex drive, loss of general muscle mass, increased abdominal obesity, osteoporosis, decrease in mental acuity, and decreased strength and endurance. And, yes, testosterone levels should be tested in women, as well. Testos- terone therapy can reverse the gradual sexual apathy that occurs over time, while also increasing energy, and strength.
Do you want to feel better? Call the number below for a consult. The $200 charge is applied to the treatment fee if you elect to go forward. The conversation you and I have may be the best investment you ever made in your health and well being!
NATURAL Hormone Replacement Therapy
atural hormone replacement therapy corrects the loss of our hormones that comes through aging and menopause. The term "natural hormone" means the bioidentical
Virgil V. Willard II, MD & Bandit
PIEDMONT AGE MANAGEMENT PIEDMONT PLASTIC SURGERY
1011 N. Lindsay St., Ste. 202, High Point 27262 336-886-1667
NOVEMBER 2018 31
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4
| Page 5
| Page 6
| Page 7
| Page 8
| Page 9
| Page 10
| Page 11
| Page 12
| Page 13
| Page 14
| Page 15
| Page 16
| Page 17
| Page 18
| Page 19
| Page 20
| Page 21
| Page 22
| Page 23
| Page 24
| Page 25
| Page 26
| Page 27
| Page 28
| Page 29
| Page 30
| Page 31
| Page 32
| Page 33
| Page 34
| Page 35
| Page 36
| Page 37
| Page 38
| Page 39
| Page 40