artery in the legs usually due to atherosclerosis. It results in insuf- ficient blood flow to the legs. That blockage can lead to intermit- tent claudication, or crampy leg pain during exercise, espe- cially walking.
Ginkgo biloba can improve pain-free walking times for patients with intermittent claudication. In a randomized, place- bo-controlled double-blind study researchers gave 111 POAD patients either ginkgo biloba extract or placebo. At 8, 16, and 24 weeks the patients were asked to walk on a treadmill at 3 km/ hour. The average pain-free walking distance of the ginkgo group was significantly better than the placebo group at each walking test. The researchers concluded that ginkgo caused a significant and therapeutically relevant extension of the patients' walking distance.
A similar study of 60 POAD patients showed that at 24 weeks those taking ginkgo could walk an additional 41 meters without pain compared to only eight meters for the placebo group. The researchers concluded that the ginkgo extract produces a statis- tically highly significant and clinically relevant improvement of the walking performance in POAD patients suffering from inter- mittent claudication.
An Italian study of 24 adolescents found that Ginkgolide B, a constituent of ginkgo biloba, was effective as a preventative treatment in reducing migraine frequency and lowered the need for migraine medications. Another Italian study of 50 women showed that Ginkgolide B reduces migraine frequency and duration. Patients taking 60 mg of ginkgo biloba twice a day for four months reduced the average number of migraines from 3.7 to 1.2, and reduced length
Transpersonal Hypnosis for Mind, Body, Spirit
New group night classes starting for
weight reduction, smoking cessation, stress relief and meditation.
Call for info on dates and pricing.
Robert M. Merlin, BA, BCH, CI, CNLP, PLRT, LBLT, SEP, MHT
• Consulting Hypnotist • Board Certified Master Hypnotist
• Board Certified NGH Instructor • Board Certified in Past Life Regression
Merlin Centre for Hypnosis & Enlightenment Inc. 1403 Sunset Dr., Suite B • Greensboro
m 14 firstname.lastname@example.org
of migraines on average from 40 minutes to 17.6 minutes.
7. Attention Deficit Disorder A preliminary study of six patients with ADD showed that
ginkgo biloba significantly improves hyperactivity, inattention, and immaturity factors. Another study of children diagnosed with attention deficit
hyperactivity disorder found that compared to a placebo, adding 80 to 120 mg per day of ginkgo to the children’s medication regimen for six weeks improved attention significantly as rated by parents and teachers. And a German study also confirmed that ginkgo biloba improve ADHD symptoms in children.
8. Glaucoma A randomized, placebo-controlled, double-masked cross-
over trial in the journal Ophthamology found that ginkgo biloba extract improves visual field damage in patients with glaucoma. Another study from Indiana University Medical Center found that 40 mg of ginkgo biloba extract taken three times a day im- proved blood flow in the ophthalmic artery in just two days.
9. Stroke Recovery A study in the Journal of Stroke and Cerebrovascular Disease found that ginkgo biloba protects against stroke-related neuro- logic deficits. Researchers conducted a double-blind, placebo- controlled, randomized controlled trial in 102 patients with acute stroke. Half the patients received a placebo and half received ginkgo. After four months 17 patients (58.6%) in the ginkgo group reduced their deficit scores by 50 percent or more, com- pared to only 5 patients (18.5%) in the placebo group.
Other human studies show that ginkgo biloba may: 10. Restore olfactory loss 11. Relieve airway inflammation in asthma patients 12. Treat pulmonary interstitial fibrosis 13. Reduce arterial plaque formation 14. Reduce the severity of pre-menstrual syndrome symptoms
15. Reduce the number of attacks in patients with Raynaud’s Disease
16. Improve long-distance vision in patients with macular de- generation 17. Relieve symptoms of seasonal allergic conjunctivitis
There are many more. Studies find ginkgo has value in over 100 different diseases, and has been identified to have at least 50 distinct beneficial physiological actions.
© November, 2018, GreenMedInfo LLC. This work is reproduced and distributed with the permission of GreenMedInfo LLC. Want to learn more from GreenMedInfo? Sign up for the newsletter here http://www.greenmedinfo.co
m/greenmed/newsletter. Visit www.GreenMedInfo.co
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4
| Page 5
| Page 6
| Page 7
| Page 8
| Page 9
| Page 10
| Page 11
| Page 12
| Page 13
| Page 14
| Page 15
| Page 16
| Page 17
| Page 18
| Page 19
| Page 20
| Page 21
| Page 22
| Page 23
| Page 24
| Page 25
| Page 26
| Page 27
| Page 28
| Page 29
| Page 30
| Page 31
| Page 32
| Page 33
| Page 34
| Page 35
| Page 36
| Page 37
| Page 38
| Page 39
| Page 40