Business Focus Denture care to make you smile
SB Denture Design Ltd (formerly known as SB Dental Laboratory) are now pleased to offer our services directly to the public. SB was founded in 1989, producing quality denture work for dentists in Maidstone and the surrounding areas. Since then Steve, the founder of SB Denture Design has been clinically trained so we are able to provide our services directly to you. He gained further clinical qualifications at the University of Central Lancashire (with merit) and this enables him to treat patients directly thus alleviating the need to visit the dentist for the impressions, denture try in and the fitting of the dentures. Any necessary after care would be provided by us as well.
With over 25 years of experience in manufacturing all styles of dental appliances, we can now hand craft your dentures for you from start to finish. By dealing directly with the technician who will make your dentures we can tailor your prosthesis to your own personal individual requirements.
Using only the highest quality materials and all the latest technologies you are guaranteed a product of the very highest standard. From
T: 01622 766077 E: email@example.com
repairs and adjustments through to new sets we can offer a complete denture care service. Although the work is done ‘in house’ with partial dentures and other more complex cases we work closely with the dentist. It is essential that the health of any remaining teeth are checked out before denture construction. This is necessary to ensure the prosthesis is a long term solution. We can accept referrals from you own dentist or we can arrange an appointment with one of our dental colleagues at your first appointment.
Having the laboratory on the premises reduces the waiting time for some services, some services like repairs can even be done while you wait. It is also an advantage as some larger adjustments can be done in house
We pride ourselves in making sure everyone we treat is happy with the product we produce and want our patients to have the confidence that their denture has been constructed with the utmost care and using only quality materials. Our aim is to make people comfortable with our treatment and confident with our product.
SB Denture Design Ltd 2 Wallis Avenue Maidstone,
Kent ME15 9DX Relationship on the Rocks
Dawn Harrison Head of Family team
The title of this article may conjure an image of cold, troubled waters with potential dangers above and below the surface. If this is a prospect facing you then look to get sensible support from
the outset to help you manage the turmoil. Below are some pointers to consider
• It may not be too late to repair the damage. Lots of organisations offer support and guidance on practical issues people face when threatened with separation. Relate Counselling can help identify if a relationship can be repaired or guide them to come to terms with the loss of their union. If reconciliation is not possible, a specialist family lawyer is the next point of call.
• Explore the alternative dispute resolution opportunities like mediation or collaborative processes. If emotions are running high, taking
a step back can regain the ability to think more clearly. Taking time to reflect and acting rationally can avoid lots of anguish. Many people regret actions/words spoken in the heat of the moment but the damage done remains.
• Think carefully about the consequences of acting irresponsibly, especially when it relates to your children or to money. Children are very vulnerable when parents separate, they need to know both parents love them and will continue to be there. Financial pressures can lead to relationship problems. Running two households will only compound any financial pressures.
• When one person leaves the family home, they rarely take all their belongings with them at once. Sensible arrangements need to be agreed to allow them to return for their remaining items. Joint items within the home should be preserved until an agreement can be reached on a fair distribution.
• The person that leaves is often a co-owner of Canterbury 01227 643266 Maidstone 01622 698051
Tenterden 01580 767540 www.whitehead-monckton.co.uk
Whitehead Monckton Ltd (no.08366029) registered in England & Wales. Registered office 72 King Street, Maidstone Kent ME14 1BL. Authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority under no. 608279
Maidstone East September 2017 17
the family home. The absent person is still bound by their responsibilities to mortgage lenders and should ensure that the home and contents remain protected by insurance. The leaving party continues to have rights to enter, ideally on giving reasonable notice.
• Analyse your financial resources to work out how they can meet everyone’s needs. Drawing up a priority list of what you and your estranged partner/spouse need is important. Enquiring what help is available in the form of benefits will also assist in continuing to meet the family’s budget.
• Taking early advice can help you steer a safer course through the dilemmas that separation brings. Try to preserve some respect for the other person no matter how difficult the situation. Talk to one of the specialist family team at Whitehead Monckton who have a wealth of experience in these matters.
SB Denture Design Ltd offer FREE consultations and can advise you on the best denture options available.
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4
| Page 5
| Page 6
| Page 7
| Page 8
| Page 9
| Page 10
| Page 11
| Page 12
| Page 13
| Page 14
| Page 15
| Page 16
| Page 17
| Page 18
| Page 19
| Page 20
| Page 21
| Page 22
| Page 23
| Page 24
| Page 25
| Page 26
| Page 27
| Page 28
| Page 29
| Page 30
| Page 31
| Page 32
| Page 33
| Page 34
| Page 35
| Page 36
| Page 37
| Page 38
| Page 39
| Page 40
| Page 41
| Page 42
| Page 43
| Page 44
| Page 45
| Page 46
| Page 47
| Page 48