BLOT-FastStain™ Sensitive and reversible protein membrane stain
A unique stain for reversible staining of protein on nitrocellulose and PVDF transfer membranes.
BLOT-FastStain™ only stains protein and leaves the background absolutely untouched and brilliant white resulting in high band visibility. The staining procedure takes 10 minutes and has a sensitivity of 2ng BSA, higher than silver stains. Destain the membrane by simply rinsing in warm water for 10 minutes.
Staining and destaining does not affect the biological properties of the proteins. After destaining, protein bands can be probed with Western blot protocols and other analyses including sequencing work.
Each Enhancer™ is provided with a set of 12 x 8 well application strips. Enhancer™ is provided with a flip-application tray which accommodates 96 application tubes. The application tray may be flipped four times to apply 4 x 96 samples on a 12 x 9cm membrane. A total of 384 samples where spots or samples are 3-4mm apart.
Load 2-5µl samples into the sample application tubes which allow deposition of the samples on the binding membranes by a point of entry capillary action. No risk of cross contamination or waste of samples. In less than 30 minutes you can prepare a dot blot or an array of up to 384 samples.
Figure 6: Enhancer™ for dot blot application. FEATURES
• Increase dot blot sensitivity by >10 fold • Apply up to 384 protein or nucleic acid samples • No cross-contamination risk
Figure 5: A PVDF membrane stained with BLOT-FastStain™. FEATURES
• Reversible stain for protein membranes • Compatible with PVDF and nitrocellulose membranes • Detect >2ng protein
• For visualization of proteins on membranes after Western transfer and dot-blot applications
PART NO. 786-34
SIZE 25 blots
Dot Blot Protein Transfer Enhancer™
Uniform application of up to 384 samples
Enhancer™ allows for the rapid application of up to 384 protein or nucleic acid samples onto a 12 x 9cm membrane for subsequent analysis. Samples are applied to a nitrocellulose or nylon membrane by capillary action, resulting in concentration of sample due to minimal diffusion. This prevents sample waste and cross contamination of samples. Grid formation allows for easy identification of samples after probing.
PART NO. 786-163
DESCRIPTION Enhancer™ Dot Blot System
786-165NC Enhancer™ membrane (Nitrocellulose, 12x9cm) 786-165NY 786-164 786-166
Enhancer™ membrane (Nylon, 12x9cm) Enhancer™ Sample Tubes (8 tubes/strip) Protein Binding Buffer
Ready-to-use 0.1% Ponceau S solution for staining PVDF and nitrocellulose membranes.
PART NO. 786-575 786-576
Astral Scientific Product Guide August 2015 10 DESCRIPTION
Ponceau-S Stain (0.1%) Ponceau-S Stain (0.1%)
SIZE 1 kit 10 10
60 strips For 500
• No expensive electronic equipment required APPLICATIONS
• High throughput screening of:
- Multiple protein samples with specific antibodies - Nucleic acid samples with specific hybridization probe • Production of dot blots for 1-384 samples • Protein Binding Buffer: For increased protein binding efficiency • Enhancer™ Sample Tubes: 8 well strips for sample application • Enhancer™ Membranes: Precut nitrocellulose or nylon membranes
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4
| Page 5
| Page 6
| Page 7
| Page 8
| Page 9
| Page 10
| Page 11
| Page 12
| Page 13