search.noResults

search.searching

saml.title
dataCollection.invalidEmail
note.createNoteMessage

search.noResults

search.searching

orderForm.title

orderForm.productCode
orderForm.description
orderForm.quantity
orderForm.itemPrice
orderForm.price
orderForm.totalPrice
orderForm.deliveryDetails.billingAddress
orderForm.deliveryDetails.deliveryAddress
orderForm.noItems
SHAME SHAME


SPEEDING UNLICENSED BRADFORD PH DRUG DRIVER WHO KILLED BOY JAILED FOR 9 YEARS 9 MONTHS


An unlicensed private hire driver who knocked down and killed a seven-year-old boy after the Bradford youngster was left “home alone” by his mother has been jailed for nine years and nine months. Back in August 2020, Malakye Hall managed to get out of a house while his mum Wendy Hall was visiting her partner. At about 10pm that night, he was hit by Mohsin Hussain’s Toyota Auris on Manchester Road. His 33-year-old mum was subsequently jailed for three years after she admitted a charge of neglect and in October father-of- three Hussain, 32, from Bradford, pleaded guilty


causing Malakye’s


to a charge of death by


dangerous driving. Bradford Crown Court heard that despite his private hire licence having expired the month before the collision, Hussain had continued operating as a cabbie and had completed an estimated 70


fare-paying journeys while


unlicensed. But Hussain was not working as a cabbie on the night he struck the youngster and after the collision, he was found to have more than double the limit for cannabis in his system.


Judge Jonathan Rose was shown dashcam footage from Hussain’s Toyota which showed him driving over the speed limit on several city centre roads in the minutes leading up to the fatal collision. The footage showed Hussain going around a roundabout the wrong way, running red lights, and undertaking other motorists


PHTM DECEMBER 2023


shortly before he hit Malakye as he tried to cross Manchester Road. The boy suffered fatal head injuries in the collision and was later pronounced dead in hospital. Prosecutor Abigail Langford conceded that Malakye appeared to have run into the carriageway, but she said the judge had to take account of Hussain’s dangerous driving over the previous 2.6 miles before the collision. The court heard that Hussain, who was dealt with for a speeding offence just six months before the collision, remained at the scene of the incident and had subsequently expressed genuine remorse. His barrister, Oliver Jarvis, said Hussain had paid towards the


expenses for Malakye’s funeral. Sentencing Hussain, Judge Rose stressed that no sentence the court could pass could ever compensate for the loss of Malakye or represent the value of his life. Judge Rose said Hussain had been driving at speed and without regard for other road users, including pedestrians, for some time before he killed the little boy. During his driving that night Hussain reached speeds of almost double the 30mph limit when he hit Malakye.


The judge said Hussain had been driving dangerously since he left his home, which together with his impatience with other road users brought about Malakye’s death. He accepted that since the fatal collision Hussain had been volun- teering and had been involved in educating others on road safety. Hussain was banned from driving for a total of ten years and ten months and he must also take an extended re-test at the end of that disqualification period.


NEWCASTLE CABBIE FINED FOR KNIFE DISGUISED AS CREDIT CARD


A Newcastle cabbie has been found in possession of a knife disguised as a credit card. Kellesh Miah was pulled over on Newcastle’s Central Motorway on September 21 last year in an unrelated matter.


But when


officers searched the 32-year-old, a “locking credit card knife” was found in his wallet. In interview, Miah told police he used the knife for cutting open


boxes in a previous job. He later apologised for having the implement in his wallet when he was taken to a police station. Miah appeared at Newcastle Magistrates’ Court and pleaded guilty to possession of a knife in a public place. District Judge Kate Meek called the knife a “nasty little implement”. Miah was fined £461 and ordered to complete 30 rehabilitation days.


59


Page 1  |  Page 2  |  Page 3  |  Page 4  |  Page 5  |  Page 6  |  Page 7  |  Page 8  |  Page 9  |  Page 10  |  Page 11  |  Page 12  |  Page 13  |  Page 14  |  Page 15  |  Page 16  |  Page 17  |  Page 18  |  Page 19  |  Page 20  |  Page 21  |  Page 22  |  Page 23  |  Page 24  |  Page 25  |  Page 26  |  Page 27  |  Page 28  |  Page 29  |  Page 30  |  Page 31  |  Page 32  |  Page 33  |  Page 34  |  Page 35  |  Page 36  |  Page 37  |  Page 38  |  Page 39  |  Page 40  |  Page 41  |  Page 42  |  Page 43  |  Page 44  |  Page 45  |  Page 46  |  Page 47  |  Page 48  |  Page 49  |  Page 50  |  Page 51  |  Page 52  |  Page 53  |  Page 54  |  Page 55  |  Page 56  |  Page 57  |  Page 58  |  Page 59  |  Page 60  |  Page 61  |  Page 62  |  Page 63  |  Page 64  |  Page 65  |  Page 66  |  Page 67  |  Page 68  |  Page 69  |  Page 70  |  Page 71  |  Page 72  |  Page 73  |  Page 74  |  Page 75  |  Page 76  |  Page 77  |  Page 78  |  Page 79  |  Page 80  |  Page 81  |  Page 82  |  Page 83  |  Page 84