Land’s End is one of Britain’s best loved landmarks, famous for its unique location and beautiful scenery.
A visit to this, the most south westerly point of mainland Britain, provides guests with a fantastic day out and the chance to awaken their senses by experiencing one of the UK’s most breath-taking coastal landscapes in all its natural glory.
Offering 5 fantastic family attractions, including a state- of-the-art 4D Cinema and a restored 200 year old Cornish farmstead plus shops, restaurants and the on-site hotel; currently undergoing a long-term investment programme. Land’s End is West Cornwall’s ‘must visit’ destination.
We are looking for experienced, confi dent, customer focused people to join our team at this exciting time.
Prime Responsibility Reporting to the General Manager, the Commercial Manager will take responsibility for maximising all revenue/profi t streams at Land’s End – Hotel, Accommodation, Catering, Retail, Attractions, Admissions and Concessions.
● To deputise for General Manager. ● To manage & motivate your team to increase sales. ● To strive to achieve all budgeted income, costs and targets with particular emphasis on margins, SPH’s and payroll.
● To monitor and ensure each department manager achieves their own budgets.
● To actively source new lines & ranges in all areas. ● Carry out department audits and subsequently follow up to ensure compliance.
● To ensure compliance with all Company legal, fi nancial, health & safety policies & regulations.
● To play a lead role in the recruitment & training of all staff with particular emphasis on delivering excellent customer service.
● To ensure compliance with Group Purchasing rules. ● To ensure all staff rotas refl ect the business needs. ● To continually improve merchandising standards. ● To manage stock levels within agreed budgets. ● To organize promotions & events. ● To maintain awareness of market trends in the relevant opportunities.
● To initiate changes to improve the business, i.e. extending opening hours.
● To communicate to colleagues on business performance, new initiatives and other pertinent issues.
Remuneration ● £30,000 p.a. ● Pension ● On-site meals at cost ● Accommodation can be provided on a temporary basis
Outside Catering Manager
Reporting to the Hotel Manager, the Outside Catering Manager will take responsibility for all outside catering employees.
Purpose of Job: To plan, organise and develop the food and beverage services of the businesses, while meeting customer expectations, food and hygiene standards and fi nancial targets. The job is a hands-on role and you will be involved in the day-to-day running of the operations including staff supervision and events management.
Specifi c Duties: ● Managing the food and beverage provision for each individual outlet.
● Supervising of catering staff on a day to day basis. ● Planning menus in consultation with Hotel Manager and outlet chef.
● Recruiting and training casual staff. ● Organising, leading and motivating the catering team. ● Planning staff shifts and rotas. ● Ensuring health and safety regulations are strictly observed. ● Assisting with development of future budgets and fi nancial targets
● Maintaining budget levels and establishing fi nancial targets as forecasted.
● Monitoring the quality of the product and service provided. ● Managing the payroll and monitoring spending levels. ● Maintaining stock levels and ordering new supplies as required.
● Interacting with customers. ● Liaising with suppliers and clients. ● Ensuring compliance with all fi re, licensing, and employment regulations.
● Planning new promotions and initiatives, and contributing to business development.
● Keeping abreast of trends and developments in the industry such as menus, trends in consumer tastes and management issues.
Remuneration ● C. £21,000 p.a. ● Pension ● On-site meals at cost ● Accommodation can be provided on a temporary basis
Go the extra mile and work at this legendary destination.
Please apply by CV and covering letter to David Bryans, General Manager, Land’s End by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about Land’s End please watch our TV commercial at: http://lei.sr?a=u8N3T
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4
| Page 5
| Page 6
| Page 7
| Page 8
| Page 9
| Page 10
| Page 11
| Page 12
| Page 13
| Page 14
| Page 15
| Page 16
| Page 17
| Page 18
| Page 19
| Page 20
| Page 21
| Page 22
| Page 23
| Page 24