Nebraska Trucking Executive Committee GREETINGS FROM LINCOLN!
It’s been a busy fall season and while there is a lot I could share about what is going on in our ever changing and challenging industry, sometimes it is nice to switch gears and maybe NOT think about the many changes and challenges. With the upcoming Tanksgiving Holiday just around the corner I’d like to throw out some of the things that “I”, the Association and our industry have to be thankful and grateful for. I hope that each of you that take the time to read this will take just a minute to do the same. Ready? Go!
Among, the many things I’m thankful for I’d like to include in bullet point form the following:
1. Our wonderful to work with NTA/TSI staff of the past and present. As people have come and gone over the years, each have left a legacy of leaving your organization better than when they arrived. We’re very fortunate to be able to continue to recruit some of the best and brightest talent that works very hard for you every day to represent and protect the trucking industry’s interest in our state and nation.
2. Our organization’s Executive Committee and board members that are willing to volunteer their time and talents to help guide our organization for over 75 years to successfully guide our mission of Advocacy, Information and Services that continues to conduct our members’ business in a transparent, principled and professional manner.
3. I’m very thankful that we all represent an industry that is so important to the well being of our town, states and country by constantly “Moving Nebraska and America Forward.
4. I’m very thankful for the attendance of our members and the tremendous support we receive from our Allied members to bring relevant national speakers, experts on topics and entertainers like “Columbo” to our annual Fall Conference. If you didn’t make it this year you missed a great one.
5. I’m very grateful that we always have a tremendous group of people being nominated for our many “of the year” awards that we recognize the talents of the many skilled professionals work in our industry. I’m especially thankful for those people that will take the time to submit or recommend the candidates that they work with to be honored. In my opinion, there is no greater virtue in a workplace, than to see someone recognized as the best of the best by their collegues. It really makes it tough on our judges to decide!
6. Finally, last but not least, I would like to say how thankful I am for the loyal support of our advertisers that makes this publication possible every other month. If it were not for them and the wonderful patience and support of our magazine partner, Mathews Publishing lead by owner Jennifer Mathews and Jon Kennedy and their professional writers it would be nearly impossible to continue to spread the great stories our members have to tell about their adventures in the trucking industry via a hard copy media. Keep up the great work!
Although, I’ve left out the obvious things like having a wonderful family, good health, a job I love - I’m hopeful that these few paragraphs will maybe cause YOU to pause and think what a great world, country, towns that we live in and hopefully we’re all working in a career that we love. Tank you, Until the NEXT edition…
Larry Johnson President
Nebraska Trucking email@example.com
4 NEBRASKA TRUCKER — ISSUE 5, 2015 — www.nebtrucking.com
CHAIRMAN OF THE BOARD CHRIS KLOTZ SBT, Inc.
CHAIR-ELECT BOB CLARK Chief Carriers, Inc.
VICE-CHAIR BOB WINTER
Flatbed Express SECRETARY
TREASURER MARY DAVIE
SCOTT ROMANS Romans Motor Freight
CRYSTAL ANDERSON Pitney Bowes Presort
Greater Omaha Express LLC
AT-LARGE OFFICER BRENT FALGIONE
STATE VICE PRESIDENT TO ATA ERICH HELGE Seward Motor Freight
ALTERNATE STATE VICE PRESIDENT TO ATA MIKE HERRE
Fremont Contract Carriers BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Duane Acklie Dan Adams Dean Aden Steve Aherns
George Akerson Crystal Anderson Clayton Andrews Tim Aschoff Blaine Batten
Dennis Bauder David Billings Joanie M. Bogers Kurt Brown Butch Brown Terry Chvatal Bob Clark
Tom Coffey Mary Davie Eldon Dokter
Dwight Dunsworth Dave Erlandson Brent Falgione Ross Faubel Corby Flagle
Hugh Fugleberg Michael Galvin Norman Geiken Rick Gomel
Tom Hastings Mark Hauptman Erich Helge Mike Herre Albert Hill Alan Hingst
Duane Hobscheidt Phillip Holliday Dan Hurt
ncent James Cory Johnson
Kim Johnson Don Kaiser
Larry Kersten Jerry Kilthau Chris Klotz
Tom Koenigs Dennis Leslie Heidi Loop
Tim McCormick Ron Mencl
Lloyd Mettenbrink Trey Mytty Ron Nolte Scott Olson
Tonn Ostergard Dave Parker Jack Peetz
Dean Petersen Dick Pierson Eric Pierson Tom Pirnie
Greg Reitmeier Ronald Romans Scott Romans John Sahling Robert Sahling Roger Schmidt
Terry Schnauber Jack Shultz Russell Stough Nick Vuko
Dave Walde Clarence Werner Curt Werner Jerry Wessel Bob Winter Brian Wood Rallen R Zeitner
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4
| Page 5
| Page 6
| Page 7
| Page 8
| Page 9
| Page 10
| Page 11
| Page 12
| Page 13
| Page 14
| Page 15
| Page 16
| Page 17
| Page 18
| Page 19
| Page 20
| Page 21
| Page 22
| Page 23
| Page 24
| Page 25
| Page 26
| Page 27
| Page 28