A 27-year-old man, high on a toxic cocktail of alcohol and street Valium, caused uproar in a Perth taxi office after he was told he would have to wait for a cab. Euan Boyes, a regular at the Scott Street office of Radio Taxis, lost the plot in the early hours of last November. According to the Daily Record, he shouted at taxi controller Catherine Stewart: “I’m going to f***ing kill you,” Perth Sheriff Court was told. And referring to Allan Stewart, who was also in the office at the time, he screamed: “Big bouncer boy better get out of here or I’m gonna stab him.” The accused left but returned shortly after to find the door shut. But he grabbed a refuse bin from the street outside and twice hurled it at a window, cracking it. He then kicked the glass, shattering it

completely, causing hundreds of pounds worth of damage, and climbed back into the office as Mr Stewart contacted the police. When officers arrived on the scene, Boyes was standing in the roadway and he punched the nearside passenger window of their van and challenged them to fight. They believed he was under the influ- ence of “an unknown substance.” He was eventually subdued after a consta- ble deployed his PAVA spray. Boyes, from Dundee, was jailed for 22 months for what Sheriff Gillian Wade described as “very serious charges indeed”. Defence lawyer David Holmes said the incidents took place after he had taken alcohol and “street Valium” - which may have contained “other things”. As a result, he had “no memory” of what

had taken place at the taxi office. “He has resolved he will never again use street Valium and wants to apolo- gise to those in the taxi office,” added the lawyer. Boyes pleaded guilty to four of the counts on a seven-charge indictment. He behaved in a threatening or abusive manner likely to cause fear or alarm by repeatedly shouting and swearing, making violent threats and acting aggressively at the taxi office. He also kicked the inside of a police vehicle, assaulted PC Connor McLaren by kicking him and spitting on PCs Garry Lobban and George Wilkie, one of them repeatedly. Boyes also had a further 20 months added to that sentence for further violent behaviour on March 11, 2021, when he admitted attacking a neigh- bour to his “severe injury”.


A Derbyshire teenager pointed a gun at a cabbie having not slept for four nights from guzzling energy drinks. According to DerbyshireLive, Derby Crown Court heard how Nathaniel Rose, 19, pointed the weapon, which was an imitation, at a terrified taxi driver. The previous evening Rose had targeted the exact same cabbie when he threw a lit firework under his car. Handing Rose a 12-month custodial sentence, suspended for two years, Recorder Adrian Reynolds said: “You were very young when this happened and you have never been in trouble before. Therefore I regard what hap- pened that night as out of character. Not many of us get to adulthood with- out making at least one mistake and I like to give young people one chance if they are made of the right stuff which I


believe you are.” Gareth Gimson, prosecuting, said the two incidents took place in Buxton Market Place on consecutive nights last October.

He said the first saw Rose drive a car up to the parked taxi get of the vehicle “puff his chest out” and threaten to beat up the cabbie. Mr Gimson said shortly afterwards the defendant threw the lit firework, which exploded, under the victim’s taxi. He said the following night Rose once again drove into the town with friends and come across the same victim. He said: “He drove up alongside him and pointed what appeared to be a handgun across his chest and towards his (the cabbie’s) vehicle.” Mr Gimson said officers went to Rose’s address, in Glossop, where he told

them where they would find the BB gun, telling them his father did not know about the weapon saying “I thought it would be funny to p*** about with it”. The defendant, who was supported by his mother in court, pleaded guilty to possession of an imitation firearm and a public order offence. David Watts, mitigating, said his client has applied to join the British Army and has no previous convictions. He said: “He was spaced out and living on energy drinks at the time. (By the time of the first offence) he had not slept for four nights and was feeling the effects of sleep deprivation. That led to him behaving very inappropriately.” As part of the suspended sentence, Rose must carry out 100 hours’ unpaid work.


Page 1  |  Page 2  |  Page 3  |  Page 4  |  Page 5  |  Page 6  |  Page 7  |  Page 8  |  Page 9  |  Page 10  |  Page 11  |  Page 12  |  Page 13  |  Page 14  |  Page 15  |  Page 16  |  Page 17  |  Page 18  |  Page 19  |  Page 20  |  Page 21  |  Page 22  |  Page 23  |  Page 24  |  Page 25  |  Page 26  |  Page 27  |  Page 28  |  Page 29  |  Page 30  |  Page 31  |  Page 32  |  Page 33  |  Page 34  |  Page 35  |  Page 36  |  Page 37  |  Page 38  |  Page 39  |  Page 40  |  Page 41  |  Page 42  |  Page 43  |  Page 44  |  Page 45  |  Page 46  |  Page 47  |  Page 48  |  Page 49  |  Page 50  |  Page 51  |  Page 52  |  Page 53  |  Page 54  |  Page 55  |  Page 56  |  Page 57  |  Page 58  |  Page 59  |  Page 60  |  Page 61  |  Page 62  |  Page 63  |  Page 64  |  Page 65  |  Page 66  |  Page 67  |  Page 68  |  Page 69  |  Page 70  |  Page 71  |  Page 72  |  Page 73  |  Page 74  |  Page 75  |  Page 76  |  Page 77  |  Page 78  |  Page 79  |  Page 80  |  Page 81  |  Page 82  |  Page 83  |  Page 84  |  Page 85  |  Page 86  |  Page 87  |  Page 88