search.noResults

search.searching

dataCollection.invalidEmail
note.createNoteMessage

search.noResults

search.searching

orderForm.title

orderForm.productCode
orderForm.description
orderForm.quantity
orderForm.itemPrice
orderForm.price
orderForm.totalPrice
orderForm.deliveryDetails.billingAddress
orderForm.deliveryDetails.deliveryAddress
orderForm.noItems
FSM


Round Up


Worcester Warriors fans unimpressed with change to ‘cashless’ stadium


A large amount of fans have criticised the decision from Worcester Warriors to make Sixways a cashless stadium, making their voices heard within the ground and on social media. The club announced recently that the ground would become


card-only “to improve the matchday experience for supporters and visitors.” From the European Challenge Cup match against Dragons on


Saturday December 7, all bars, food and drink outlets, programme sellers and hospitality areas only accepted credit or debit cards or payments by mobile phone. Worcester City Councillor Richard Udall said the move was a “serious mistake” saying: “Not everyone, especially children have access to payment cards. Warriors changed their stance and under the new system, cash


payments will still be taken at the Candy Shack in the new EBC Fanzone.


When the plan was announced, managing director Peter Kelly said:


“We live in a society that is becoming increasingly cashless in which customers are used to purchasing goods using a card or their mobile phone. “We hope that there will be significant benefits for supporters and visitors to Sixways when the stadium becomes cashless.


“It will reduce queuing at bars and


outlets so that supporters do not miss any of the action on the pitch or entertainment in the new EBC Fanzone. “It will also speed up service


and improve the matchday experience for supporters. “We have already installed a new high speed wi-fi system which will allow every


spectator


to go online and which will support the cashless system. “We hope that the transition to a cashless stadium will be seamless and that supporters and visitors to Sixways will appreciate a simplified payment system.” Although the movement to a fully cashless society is well underway the need for the provision of cash options is still evident within the match-going experience in the current climate.


Cashless Principles Principality Stadium and the


Welsh Rugby Union (WRU) have announced that the Cardiff venue will move towards becoming a cashless facility, as it prepares to host its first game in the 2020 Six Nations tournament. Wales take on Italy to open their Six Nations campaign on Saturday and officials have said the match will mark Principality Stadium


making a “significant


move” towards becoming a cashless venue, in direct response to consumer purchasing habits. Principality Stadium said that in recent


years the venue has seen an increase in the use of card payments at point of purchase across its 65 food & beverage (F&B) units, to the extent that the Wales and Wales Women double-header against the Barbarians at the end of last year saw either a debit or credit card used for 85% of all transactions made. However, fans will still be able to pay by


cash at eight F&B units within the stadium. Tracey Maxwell,


general manager of Principality Stadium Experience, said: “We 4 FSM


have never felt the need to enforce cashless at Principality Stadium preferring to be led by our consumers. Once they felt comfortable with a variety of payment methods and it’s clear that the number of card payments has increased, we have converted more units.” WRU chief executive, Martyn Phillips,


said the cashless switch continues a policy of embracing and reacting to supporter feedback, citing Principality Stadium’s Alcohol Free Zone (AFZ) as an example. In July, the WRU confirmed that the AFZ would remain in place following a successful trial period. The WRU first launched the initiative


during Wales’ internationals


autumn against Scotland,


Australia, Tonga and South Africa in November 2018. Hundreds of thousands of fans were polled on the merits of the zone, with some 40,000 fans purchasing specified tickets for the area. An enhanced


and upgraded


zone is now a permanent fixture at all WRU-owned events at Principality Stadium,


Barbarians in November. Existing debenture holders have been given the chance to relocate


to the new area, which has starting from Wales’ match against the a


capacity of 4,200. “We are determined to listen to our visitors and examine all available options to continue to improve our customer experience,” said Phillips. “The AFZ trial is a great example of our modern iconic stadium reacting to feedback and finding a workable solution which caters for a varying range of supporter requirements and ‘going cashless’ is a further extension of this responsive attitude to our customers.”


food


Page 1  |  Page 2  |  Page 3  |  Page 4  |  Page 5  |  Page 6  |  Page 7  |  Page 8  |  Page 9  |  Page 10  |  Page 11  |  Page 12  |  Page 13  |  Page 14  |  Page 15  |  Page 16  |  Page 17  |  Page 18  |  Page 19  |  Page 20  |  Page 21  |  Page 22  |  Page 23  |  Page 24  |  Page 25  |  Page 26  |  Page 27  |  Page 28  |  Page 29  |  Page 30  |  Page 31  |  Page 32  |  Page 33  |  Page 34  |  Page 35  |  Page 36