Ten Tips to Grow Email Marketing & Improve Your Business
Start with the reader’s point
of view in mind – this may seem obvious, but you have to approach all marketing from a reader’s point of view. This is especially true for email marketing, where the recipient will judge usually within seconds whether they want to open your email. If you yourself would not open it if it came to you, chances are your readers won’t either. But that doesn’t mean it’s hopeless. Just think of something that would draw their attention and go with that!
2) Choose a compelling subject line
– this is probably the biggest success factor in getting yourself exposed. Remember, no one will see all you have to offer them if they don’t open your email, and they will choose whether to open it based on the subject line. A catchy subject line can be a little creative, or very to-the-point if you are advertising a basic need that everyone can use (i.e. “Reliable Local Plumber”). What you might view as your best benefit may not be the best subject line, because remember; readers need to trust you in order to open your mail. You can get to the rest within the body.
We’ve all heard of email marketing, but it can appear daunting with all the laws, spam filters, and confusion over the best method to use. Whether you’re an e-marketing novice or you’ve tried it before, learning the tricks of the trade can make the process more comfortable and successful. After reviewing the campaigns we’ve run for customers, we came up with the following 10 tips to get the best results from your email marketing campaigns:
12 Structure your email body right
– this is more complex, but very important. Once again, you need to look from the reader’s point of view, and think about their eye flow as they read. This might mean leaving wordy information for the end of the email and instead starting with a compelling question, offer, or great benefit to capture the reader’s attention. A few pictures can enhance your email, but remember it is not a website. Too much content will overwhelm the reader and they will get bored quickly.
4) Think strategically – as a business
owner/manager, you must market yourself based on the real best reason to do business with you. There might be many impressive aspects to your company, but think about the reason people will actually choose to buy. This can really be different than your first instinct on email marketing.
5) Lead the reader intuitively to
buy – Some of the best emails I’ve seen give very compelling reasons and very naturally convince you to “click here” for more information or to get the stellar offer they advertise. Simply putting a link to your website will not give you as many clicks/sales.
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4
| Page 5
| Page 6
| Page 7
| Page 8
| Page 9
| Page 10
| Page 11
| Page 12
| Page 13
| Page 14
| Page 15
| Page 16
| Page 17
| Page 18
| Page 19
| Page 20
| Page 21