• The Emergency Department at Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital was ranked in the top 25 per cent of UK hospitals for its trauma services.
• The National Sentinel Stroke Audit ranked the Hyper Acute Stroke unit at Royal Hampshire County Hospital in Winchester as the best in the South of England and in the top 25 per cent nationally. Swift treatment is critical for the speed and extent of stroke patients’ recovery.
• The National Outpatients survey showed that 96 per cent of outpatients at Basingstoke and North Hampshire, and 95 per cent at Winchester and Eastleigh, reported their care as good, very good or excellent.
• None of our hospitals reported any cases of MRSA and there were fewer cases of Clostridium Difficile.
• In April 2012, we set up a new Digital Mammography Unit at Royal Hampshire County Hospital in Winchester, to reduce waiting time between referral and screening for patients with breast symptoms.
• We launched The Firs, a spacious, purpose-built unit at Basingstoke, which enables older patients recovering from acute illness to benefit from rehabilitation care by hospital staff with GP support before they are discharged.
• We improved our environmental sustainability and reduced our carbon footprint. At Basingstoke and Winchester waste has dropped by 37 per cent since 2008/9. Commissioning our heat and power together, reducing the volume of plastic we incinerate and a park-and- ride service for our staff have already reduced our annual carbon emissions. We also developed a Climate Change Adaptation Plan.
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4
| Page 5
| Page 6
| Page 7
| Page 8
| Page 9
| Page 10
| Page 11
| Page 12