search.noResults

search.searching

dataCollection.invalidEmail
note.createNoteMessage

search.noResults

search.searching

orderForm.title

orderForm.productCode
orderForm.description
orderForm.quantity
orderForm.itemPrice
orderForm.price
orderForm.totalPrice
orderForm.deliveryDetails.billingAddress
orderForm.deliveryDetails.deliveryAddress
orderForm.noItems
News


downsmail.co.uk Sink hole alert near homes A LARGE sinkhole has appeared at a reservoir just yards from new housing in Barming.


Residents living on a large hous- ing development off Hermitage Lane were alerted on Saturday, September 26, that a landslip had occurred at a drinking water stor- age tank owned by South East Water.


Specialists worked to under-


stand the extent of the voids under the site. Nearby Tonbridge Road was shut for months in 2018 when a large sinkhole suddenly ap- peared in the road. Police hand delivered a letter


from South East Water, Maidstone Borough Council, Tonbridge and Malling council, Kent Police and Kent Fire & Rescue Service. Some were advised they might need to evacuate. South East Water siad: “During


the weekend, we also worked with a number of specialist organisa- tions, including Kent Fire and Res- cue, to begin surveying the site


Pupils sent home after


Covid cases TWO students at the Ayles- ford School have tested posi- tive for Coronavirus. All students were sent home for three days whilst a deep clean was carried out. Year 9, 12 and 13 pupils were told to self-isolate until Octo- ber 1.


Headteacher Tanya Kelvie


wrote to parents on Monday, September 21: “It is with deep regret and an unfortunate sense of inevitability that I am writing to inform you that this evening I have had the news that two Aylesford School stu- dents from the same family have tested positive for Covid- 19. These students are in year 9 and year 13. “I will be requiring all stu- dents to work at home with immediate effect for the next three days, so we can carry out further deep cleaning of the school. “The advice provided is that students in year 9, 12 and 13 are required to stay at home and self-isolate until October 1.”


18


Theft appeal A CCTV image has been issued


NHS staff win award


MAIDSTONE and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust (MTW) has been awarded JAG accreditation for its endoscopy services. The trust received high praise


from the Joint Advisory Group (JAG), following its review in July 2020. Last year, a team of 60 endoscopy staff performed 23,103 procedures. The team comprises a group of clin- ical specialists, doctors and nurses, who specialise in gastroenterology,


surgery and nurse-led endoscopy. Dr Hemant Sharma, clinical lead,


at MTW said: “We are delighted to have been awarded this accredita- tion for our endoscopy services. “The team works tirelessly to en-


sure we deliver the very highest standards of safe and effective care for our patients so it is fantastic to be recognised with this quality stan- dard. It’s a huge achievement for the team.”


Bubble Rush back next year


A DATE has been set for the next Bubble Rush event at Mote Park in Maidstone. Following government Covid- 19 guidelines, this year’s event had to be postponed to next year. The event will now take place


at Mote Park on Sunday, June 13, 2021. All money raised goes di- rectly towards providing special- ist care for children with terminal conditions and their families across Kent, East Sussex and South East London.


after a reported theft at a super- market in Maidstone. A man entered the Aldi super- market in Wheeler Street at about 1.40pm on September 8, and is said to have placed a number of meat items into a bag and then left the premises without paying. Officers would like to identify this man, who they believe can as- sist with their enquiries.


Anyone with information is asked to call police on 01622 604100, quoting reference 46/162593/20, or call Kent Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.


No ASBOs


MAIDSTONE was the only au- thority in the county not to issue antisocial behaviour orders in 2019. The powers, which include the public space protection orders and community protection notices, are designed to discourage beggars and drunks causing a nuisance in the town centre.


seeing the consequences of allow- ing so much housing to be crammed into the north west of Maidstone? It must be very wor- rying for the people who have in- vested in homes there.”


A paragraph at the end of the letter from the Kent Resilience Forum said it was uncertain yet whether there is a risk to nearby properties. It states: “South East Water informs us that there is a sinkhole approximately 30 metres from the boundary of the property that adjoins their site.”


and understand whether there are any other areas of our land af- fected. As part of that we’ve in- stalled 60 monitoring points in the ground which we are reviewing twice daily to detect any new ground movement.


“There are no new areas of con- cern on the site and we can now report that the sinkhole closest to properties in this development is smaller than first thought.” Conservative borough council- lor Jonathan Purle said: “Are we


MP Tracey Crouch said she was monitoring the situation. Resi- dents are advised to dial 999 if they experience structural changes to their homes.


One St Lawrence Drive resident said: “Is it house-building, or is it South East Water’s many, many leaking pipes wearing away the voids deep underground?”


Page 1  |  Page 2  |  Page 3  |  Page 4  |  Page 5  |  Page 6  |  Page 7  |  Page 8  |  Page 9  |  Page 10  |  Page 11  |  Page 12  |  Page 13  |  Page 14  |  Page 15  |  Page 16  |  Page 17  |  Page 18  |  Page 19  |  Page 20  |  Page 21  |  Page 22  |  Page 23  |  Page 24  |  Page 25  |  Page 26  |  Page 27  |  Page 28  |  Page 29  |  Page 30  |  Page 31  |  Page 32  |  Page 33  |  Page 34  |  Page 35  |  Page 36  |  Page 37  |  Page 38  |  Page 39  |  Page 40  |  Page 41  |  Page 42  |  Page 43  |  Page 44  |  Page 45  |  Page 46  |  Page 47  |  Page 48