international experience of sensitive monitoring and control in challenging environments – such as operating theatres, blood storage, medical fridges and more – using one non- intrusive system, and due to the needs of the Centre a radio-telemetric Hanwell system was selected.
“By introducing this technology to our business we now avoid damage of
medication and items in our genetic labs and pharmacy.”
Dr. Nizar Sharara, head of the pharmacy explained: “Before the installation of a monitoring solution, we were using handheld devices and manually logging the data. But the handheld devices were having unstable readings and there’s no software for these devices, so staff were required to spend valuable time manually logging all data on paper – and of course this introduces human error, especially during busy periods when manual logging can be forgotten and data missed.”
“We now have reliable and accurate monitoring of pressure in our cleanrooms to avoid contamination and the system also allows us to maintain proper automated records for auditing purposes.”
AAFC was seeking a fast, easy and safe solution to the medical team’s requirements – something that would give them accurate data to
control HVAC systems and ensure that temperature of refrigerators/ freezers were properly monitored and controlled. Measurement of accumulation of dust in lab areas was also important.
“We also wanted simple and accurate measurement of any UV leaks during the sanitisation process to protect staff from any harmful exposures,” continued Dr. Sharara.
“The Hanwell equipment was installed and working quickly, and the service provided was good, with excellent responses and support from Ideal Technology Services. By introducing this technology to our business we now avoid damage of medication and items in our genetic labs and pharmacy.
“Now the Hanwell monitoring and control technology is installed, feedback to HVAC has improved, our temperature, humidity, pressure,
• World-class medical centre with a variety of monitoring and data logging requirements
• The Centre’s need to monitor and control fridge and freezer temperatures, laboratory, cleanrooms and pharmacy humidity and temperature, cleanroom and lab pressure, UV leakage and dust accumulation was hampered by unstable HVAC controls.
• Additionally, medical staff were using handheld measurement devices and manually logging the data, and suffering unstable readings as a consequence.
• The Al Ain Fertility Centre (AAFC) provides a wide range of world-class fertility services and treatments.
• The Centre has two Genetic Laboratories measuring 5m x 6m and 3.5m x 4.5m, and a pharmacy with refrigerators and freezers in the same room.
• A radio-telemetric Hanwell system comprising radio transmitters for temperature, humidity, differential pressure, Lux and UV.
• Plus a DustBug transmitter. RESULTS
• Hanwell technology is providing controls and data to enable this prestigious medical centre to monitor a wide variety of conditions, maintain the correct conditions and provide accurate automated records for auditing purposes, while being as energy efficient as possible.
• The Hanwell installation marked an end to the Center’s reliance on manually downloaded standalone loggers and spot readers.
• Dr Sharara: “By introducing this technology to our business we now avoid damage to medication and items in our genetic labs and pharmacy, plus we’re no longer reliant on time-consuming manual record-keeping.”
Tomorrow’s Laboratories | 17
UV and dust controls are enhanced, plus we’re no longer reliant on time- consuming manual record-keeping.”
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4
| Page 5
| Page 6
| Page 7
| Page 8
| Page 9
| Page 10
| Page 11
| Page 12
| Page 13
| Page 14
| Page 15
| Page 16
| Page 17
| Page 18
| Page 19
| Page 20
| Page 21
| Page 22
| Page 23
| Page 24
| Page 25
| Page 26
| Page 27
| Page 28
| Page 29
| Page 30
| Page 31
| Page 32
| Page 33
| Page 34
| Page 35
| Page 36
| Page 37
| Page 38