This page contains a Flash digital edition of a book.
NOW THEN AND


FROM PREVIOUS PAGE CUDAHY LIBRARY


RIGHT: The Donovan Reading Room in Cudahy Library looks much the same today as it did as pictured in 1930, down to the mural charting the course of French Jesuit explorers in the Midwest. In 2008, the room was named for Willouise Donovan, a librarian and teacher who passed away the previous year, leaving a bequest, including her home, to Loyola. A close look reveals the old-fashioned telephone and globe in the historic photo. The phones of today’s reading room are sure to be mo- bile—and, ideally, on silent.


WATER TOWER CAMPUS


BELOW: Lewis Towers, purchased in 1946 for Loyola by University Trustee Frank Lewis, now houses the Loyola University Museum of Art and several retail spaces, as well as classrooms, offices, and meeting space. Although it is one building, the towers visible in the historic photo on the opposite page give a clue to the name. Of note are the changes in the skyline (and automobile styles) between the two photos.


1975 12 LOYOLA UNIVERSITY CHICAGO


Page 1  |  Page 2  |  Page 3  |  Page 4  |  Page 5  |  Page 6  |  Page 7  |  Page 8  |  Page 9  |  Page 10  |  Page 11  |  Page 12  |  Page 13  |  Page 14  |  Page 15  |  Page 16  |  Page 17  |  Page 18  |  Page 19  |  Page 20  |  Page 21  |  Page 22  |  Page 23  |  Page 24  |  Page 25  |  Page 26  |  Page 27  |  Page 28  |  Page 29  |  Page 30  |  Page 31  |  Page 32  |  Page 33  |  Page 34  |  Page 35  |  Page 36  |  Page 37  |  Page 38  |  Page 39  |  Page 40  |  Page 41  |  Page 42  |  Page 43  |  Page 44  |  Page 45  |  Page 46  |  Page 47  |  Page 48