SMARTEN UP YOUR HEATING SYSTEM TO IMPROVE EFFICIENCY
With an increased focus on the need to take action on climate change, households in Wales are being urged to think about how they can smarten up their heating system to help contribute to the nationwide effort of reducing carbon emissions. The advice includes: Improve your thermostat • Many homes have a simple thermostat which sets one temperature for the whole house. Installing a more advanced system can enable you to set different temperatures for each room and thereby only heat those you use.
Upgrade your heating controls
• With some modern controls you can adjust your heating through an ‘app’ on your phone or tablet or even via a ‘digital assistant’ smart device. This gives you greater fl exibility such as turning the heating off remotely if you are going to be home late. These devices are usually compatible with most heating systems, such as oil and gas, and are relatively easy to install by a qualifi ed professional. Monitor your fuel consumption
• Some gadgets enable you keep track of how much fuel you are using to help avoid an unexpected expensive bill. For households on oil, you can install a monitoring device on your tank to monitor how much fuel is left through an app on your phone. This can also alert you when the levels are low to help you avoid any last-minute emergency deliveries. Invest in self-bleeding radiator valves • Self-bleeding radiator valves automatically vent the air from your radiators helping your system run more effi ciently. They also remove the need for manual bleeding which can be a messy and time-consuming job.
Upgrade your boiler If your boiler is over fi fteen years old, it may be worth
Office Number: 01446 772 444 24/7 Emergency: 07590 350 650
SERVICE ENGINEERS AND INSTALLERS
FOR ALL DOMESTIC, COMMERCIAL AND INDUSTRIAL HEATING AND PLUMBING
Over 40 Years’ experience in the Industry
xall is a family run business since 1990 Servicing & installation
10 year Worcester Bosch Guarantee
Open 8am to 5pm
Miners Pension Compensation
We are successfully claiming compensation for former Welsh miners who transferred out of the Mineworkers Pension Scheme.
Many Welsh miners were advised to transfer out of their British coal pension scheme to a private scheme which paid considerably less! This was bad advice and many retired miners or there widows have lost out.
See our adverts in:
Wales Western Mail, South Wales Echo , South Wales Evening Post, Daily Post Wales, Pontypridd Observer, Gwent Gazette, Llanelli Star,
Carmarthen Journal, Caernarfon Herald, Holyhead, Bangor, Anglesey Mail, North Wales Weekly News, Merthyr Express, Glamorgan Gazette, Cynon Valley Leader, Wales on Sunday.
Did you transfer on the advice of any of the following:
• An Independent Advisor • Scottish Amicable • Prudential • Sun Life • Scottish Widows • Pearl assurance • Phoenix Life • Legal and General • Co-Op • Friends Life
• Friends Provident • Allied Dunbar • Windsor Life • Scottish Equitable • Abbey Life • Lloyds TSB • Reassure • Aviva • Aegon • Agincourt
• Consultants • Tribune Financial Management
• Townsends Financial Services
• Interlink Network • Tomkinson Financial • PPA Independent Network
• L & L Financial Example 1 - £87,000
Mr C. a miner from MERTHYR TYDFIL was made redundant in the 1980’s. After the pits closed he was advised by an agent of the Prudential to transfer £9,296 from his mineworkers fund to them. We were able to show this was poor advice and they agreed a settlement of £87,649.
Example 3 - £105,000
Mr J. from NEWPORT was made redundant from the pits in the 1980’s. On the advice of a Prudential agent he transferred £5600 of his miners pension them. He lost out as a result and we secured compensation of £105,756.
If you transferred out of the British Coal Pension Scheme and would like a FREE REVIEW, please either call us on FREEPHONE:
I transferred out of the mineworkers pension to Please can I have a Free Review to see if I am eligible for a payout Signed
Please address to: Miners Pension Compensation Dept, Corries Solicitors Ltd, 11 Melroses Yard, Walmgate, York, YO1 9XF.
Miners Pension Compensation is a trading name of Corries Solicitors Ltd, Melroses Yard, Walmgate, York YO1 9XF. Regulated by Solicitors Regulation Authority no. 424101.
Cardiff & South Wales Advertiser - Friday 7th June 2019 - 11 Example 2 - £48,000
Mr W. was a miner from ABERTILLY, he was advised by an independent financial advisor to transfer his miners pension to Scottish Life (now Royal London). We won compensation of £48,000 even though the financial advisors were no longer in business.
Example 4 - £198,000
Mr H. was a miner from PRESTATYN, in 1993 he was wrongly advised by an agent of Phoenix Life to transfer £21,000 from his miners pension to them. He was promised a better return which wasn’t true, he received compensation of £198,538.
0800 988 7997 or return the form below
upgrading to a modern condensing model. These are far more effi cient and can reduce your carbon emissions and fuel bills. Make sure you use a registered OFTEC (for oil) or GasSafe (for mains gas) technician to carry out any work to ensure it is completed to a safe and high standard. They can also advise if it would be worth replacing your boiler with a smaller model if you have recently invested in any other home effi ciency improvements (e.g. better insulation or double-glazing).
For more information and advice, visit www.oftec.org
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4
| Page 5
| Page 6
| Page 7
| Page 8
| Page 9
| Page 10
| Page 11
| Page 12
| Page 13
| Page 14
| Page 15
| Page 16
| Page 17
| Page 18
| Page 19
| Page 20
| Page 21
| Page 22
| Page 23
| Page 24
| Page 25
| Page 26
| Page 27
| Page 28
| Page 29
| Page 30
| Page 31
| Page 32
| Page 33
| Page 34