John Lewis Partnership plc annual report and accounts 2012
Notice of AGM
Notice is hereby given that the eighty-third annual general meeting of the company will be held at 12.35pm on 31 May 2012 at Partnership House, Carlisle Place, London, SW1P 1BX:
– To receive the directors’ report and accounts for the year 2011/12.
– To consider the re-election of directors.
– To consider the re-appointment of the auditors.
– To consider the remuneration of the auditors.
– To consider the following, which will be proposed as an Ordinary Resolution; That pursuant to the company’s Articles of Association;
(a) The company be and is hereby authorised to purchase by way of market purchase on a recognised stock exchange;
(i) up to 3,696,995 in nominal amount of 5 per cent Cumulative Preference Stock (‘the 5 per cent Stock’) in the company at a minimum price of 60p and a maximum price of £1 nominal of the 5 per cent Stock; and
(ii) up to £500,000 in nominal amount of 7G per cent Cumulative Preference Stock (‘the 7G per cent Stock’) in the company at a minimum price of 80p and a maximum price of 125p per £1 nominal of the 7G per cent Stock; and
(b) this authority shall expire on the earlier of the close of the annual general meeting of the company to be held in 2013 or 30 August 2013.
– To consider the following, which will be proposed as a Special Resolution;
(a) That, in accordance with section 21 of the Companies Act 2006, the company’s Articles of Association;
(i) are amended by the deletion of the provisions of the company’s Memorandum of Association which, by virtue of section 28 of the Companies Act 2006, are treated as provisions of the company’s Articles; and
(ii) the Articles of Association contained in the document which is attached to this written resolution and marked “A” for identification are approved and adopted as the company’s Articles of Association in substitution for, and to the exclusion of, the company’s existing Articles of Association.*
By Order of the Board
171 Victoria Street, London SW1E 5NN
23 April 2012
* Copies of the Articles of Association to be presented at the meeting are available on request from the Company Secretary.
The report and accounts are sent to all members, but only the members holding Deferred Ordinary Shares are entitled to attend and vote at this meeting.
A member entitled to attend and vote at this meeting is entitled to appoint one or more proxies to attend and vote instead of him. A proxy need not be a member.