Something to celebrate
One positive to come from the current situation brought about by the Covid-19 pandemic is the spotlight that has been cast on the essential role that supply chains play in our daily lives and the industry’s ability to react to unprecedented challenges
The BIFA Freight Service Awards 2020 competition is now open for entries and we hope that Members will take the time to document their achievements in this unique period of time. The judges are looking forward to reading about how forwarders have kept cargo moving through the coronavirus pandemic and what innovative and problem-solving techniques have been employed to maintain the integrity of cargo movements under varying national restrictions. The 11 categories and their sponsors for 2020
are: • AIR CARGO SERVICES – sponsorship package available
• COOL & SPECIAL CARGOES AWARD – sponsored by American Airlines Cargo (TBC)
• EUROPEAN LOGISTICS – sponsored by TT Club
• EXTRA MILE AWARD – sponsored by Descartes (TBC)
• OCEAN SERVICES – sponsored by Port Express (TBC)
• PROJECT FORWARDING – sponsored by Peter Lole Insurance Brokers
• SPECIALIST SERVICES – sponsored by Forward Computers (TBC)
• STAFF DEVELOPMENT – sponsored by Albacore
• SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT – sponsored by BoxTop (TBC)
• YOUNG FREIGHT FORWARDER – sponsored by Virgin Atlantic Cargo (TBC)
• APPRENTICE OF THE YEAR – sponsored by Seetec (TBC)
Free to enter The BIFA Freight Service Awards are free to enter and require nothing more onerous than a written submission of 1,000 words, which can be completed in five easy steps: 1. Go to www.bifa.org/awards
and choose your category/ies – you may enter a maximum of three categories in addition to entering individuals in the Young Freight Forwarder and
Apprentice of the Year categories.
2. Download the BIFA Freight Service Awards Entry Form – you will need separate copies for each category entered (NB there are separate entry forms for the Young Freight Forwarder and Apprentice of the Year categories).
3. Complete your company details on page one of the entry form.
4.Write your entry submission in the boxes provided on the entry form keeping to the indicated word limits (Introduction: 300 words; Detail of project or service: 600 words; Conclusion: 100 words).
5. Save your completed entry form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
by Wednesday, 7 October.
Judging process and announcement of winners All entries are reviewed and a list of finalists for each category will be announced in October. Submissions from the finalists are then presented to the judging panel, comprising representatives of the award sponsors.
Planning for the BIFA Freight Service Awards Luncheon Ceremony on Thursday 21 January 2021 is under way, although the final format for this event will be shaped by government guidelines on indoor events and social distancing in place at the time.
Whatever form it takes, the winners of each
award will be announced at the BIFA Freight Service Awards Ceremony, which will be a celebration of the tenacity of the UK freight industry in 2020.
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4
| Page 5
| Page 6
| Page 7
| Page 8
| Page 9
| Page 10
| Page 11
| Page 12
| Page 13
| Page 14
| Page 15
| Page 16
| Page 17
| Page 18
| Page 19
| Page 20
| Page 21
| Page 22
| Page 23
| Page 24