ARTS Apply now for Arts Council funding
Arts Council England (ACE) has announced its investment plans from 2015 to 2018. The overall budget for
national portfolio organ- isations and major partner museums is expected to be reduced by around 5 per cent, with applications for invest- ment to be submitted during a three-month window from early January 2014. As part of the plans, ACE
will set out a full range of its funding resources including those for arts organisations, museums, grants for the arts and strategic fund- ing programmes. This will enable those considering an application to make an informed decision as to whether this type of funding is right for them. “We will invest in organisations to thrive,” said Alan Davey, chief executive of ACE.
Te budget for major museums may be reduced by five per cent
“Some may even see funding upliſts and we will welcome new organisations in.” Organisations can join the funding pro-
gramme for three years, though ACE will only be able to confirm funding levels for 2015/16, with future funding subject to government grants. Details: http://lei.sr?a=g2o6n
Art Everywhere launches public art
Art Everywhere, a proj- ect backed by artists, has launched to bring art further into the public domain by displaying famous pieces on advertising hoardings, tube stations, black cabs and buses for two weeks. Te project will display 57
public-chosen works across 22,000 sites. Ninety per cent of people in the UK are expected to see some of the artworks. Te featured works are by
a range of artists and include John William Waterhouse’s Te Lady of Shalott, Blaze by Bridget Riley and Holbein’s Te Ambassadors, as well as works from Tracey Emin, Lucian Freud and Francis Bacon. Locations to feature
include high streets, major roads, Te Art Everywhere project runs from the 12–25 August 2013 the works
supermarkets, shopping malls, office build- ings, cinemas, health clubs and bars. Tese will run alongside pieces being displayed on 2000 London buses and 1000 black cabs. Details: http://lei.sr?a=Y3R3V
Daily Tous Les Jours: inspiring people to reinvent their lives
Reinventing simple ideas and understanding context are imperative to the success of cre- ating interactive installations, according to Montreal design studio Daily Tous Les Jours. Headed by creative directors Mouna Andraos and Melissa Mongiat, the studio has
© CYBERTREK 2013
put together installations across the world that inspire people to reinvent their everyday lives. Mouna Andraos, one half of Daily Tous Les
Jours, talks to Kath Hudson in the current edi- tion of Leisure Management magazine: Details: http://lei.sr?a=O4y2X
Twitter: @leisureopps Read Leisure Opportunities online: www.leisureopportunities.co.uk/digital
Xn Leisure Systems Ltd 115M Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxfordshire OX14 4RZ
Tel: +44 (0) 870 80 30 700 Fax: +44 (0) 870 80 30 701 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
LinkedIn: xn-leisure-systems-limited Twitter: @xnleisure
the IT Partner of Choice
A leading provider of Leisure Management Solutions with over three decades of experience as the technology partner of choice across the public, private, trust, facilities management and education sectors.
● A portfolio of solutions to include ‘Award Winning’ self service modules to leverage of your existing resources, increasing profi tability and effi ciency.
● A local or hosted enterprise solution. Wizard based membership with market leading reporting and control of estate wide data.
● Bookings EPOS, course and session management, prospecting - a powerful yet intuitive solution.
● Online Bookings - Sessions, courses and activities can be booked online.
● Mobile Bookings App - book and manage account direct from a smart phone. Includes Social media integration.
● Online Memberships – extend your membership sales team by allowing visitors to your website to join online.
● Additional functionality allows existing members to renew their memberships, aiding your cash fl ow.
● Self-Service – award winning solutions allowing customers to self serve, from checking in for a course through to rebooking a session kiosks.
● On Course – State of the art course management solution with iPOD based registers, web e portal for progress tracking and payments.
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4
| Page 5
| Page 6
| Page 7
| Page 8
| Page 9
| Page 10
| Page 11
| Page 12
| Page 13
| Page 14
| Page 15
| Page 16
| Page 17
| Page 18
| Page 19
| Page 20
| Page 21
| Page 22
| Page 23
| Page 24