TRAINING Scheme to help create more apprentices
the IT Partner of Choice
A leading provider of Leisure Management Solutions with over three decades of experience as the technology partner of choice across the public, private, trust, facilities management and education sectors.
● A portfolio of solutions to include ‘Award Winning’ self service modules to leverage of your existing resources, increasing profi tability and effi ciency.
● A local or hosted enterprise solution. Wizard based membership with market leading reporting and control of estate wide data.
● Bookings EPOS, course and session management, prospecting - a powerful yet intuitive solution.
● Online Bookings - Sessions, courses and activities can be booked online.
● Mobile Bookings App - book and manage account direct from a smart phone. Includes Social media integration.
● Online Memberships – extend your membership sales team by allowing visitors to your website to join online.
● Additional functionality allows existing members to renew their memberships, aiding your cash fl ow.
● Self-Service – award winning solutions allowing customers to self serve, from checking in for a course through to rebooking a session kiosks.
● On Course – State of the art course management solution with iPOD based registers, web e portal for progress tracking and payments.
A new scheme set up to sup- port young people finding work opportunities through apprenticeships is underway following successful launch events across the country. Run by Barclays Bank, the
Bridges into Work launch events took place in London, Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool and Newcastle, with pilot events in Romford and Stoke. 200 businesses have already pledged to get involved in the programme, which is a package to help businesses of all sizes and across all sectors, find, employ and train a young apprentice. Previous research by Barclays indicated that
Te new initiative is designed for businesses across all sectors
more than half (52 per cent) of small busi- nesses said they would not take on apprentices due to concerns about the amount of time it
takes to set up and the additional support they thought a young person would need. 39 per cent of micro businesses (less than 10 employees) cited red tape as the most signif- icant barrier into bringing in an apprentice. Details: http://lei.sr?a=N6H4N
‘At-home’ swimming training launched
The Institute of Swimming (IOS), the training arm of the Amateur Swimming Association (ASA), is trans- forming its UkCC delivery programme for Level 1 and Level 2 Teaching Aquatics and Coaching Swimming. Te qualifications will from
now on be delivered through a blended programme of e-learning and face to face teaching. Tis, according to IOS, gives learners the free- dom to complete the course core units at home, while the technical units are delivered as normal at IoS education centres nationwide. The e-learning modules are deliv-
Xn Leisure Systems Ltd 115M Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxfordshire OX14 4RZ
Tel: +44 (0) 870 80 30 700 Fax: +44 (0) 870 80 30 701 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
LinkedIn: xn-leisure-systems-limited Twitter: @xnleisure
Te new programme is designed to offer students more flexibility The ASA is the first national governing
ered through an e-portfolio system that encourages reflective practice for lifelong learning and allows users to network, develop interactive communities and share best practice with peers.
sports body in the UK to offer a blended learn- ing delivery programme for UkCC Level 1 and 2 courses. Te new system rolled out on 13th May in the North, and will be followed by the South regions in June and Midlands in July onwards. Details: http://lei.sr?a=Y2S8B
Paralympic talent programme for Rio 2016 launched Tose that make it will move on to a pro-
A new partnership has been launched to find Britain’s future Paralympian stars in the lead up to Rio 2016. Paralympic Potential: Bring on Brazil is seeking disabled athletes aged 16-35 years old, who will be assessed in June and July for selection to the programme.
Read Leisure Opportunities online: www.leisureopportunities.co.uk/digital
gramme run by the UK Talent Team to nuture talented athletes. Paralympic Potential is a partnership between UK Sport, Te English Institute of Sport and the British Paralympic Association. Details: http://lei.sr?a=l6C4x
Twitter: @leisureopps © CYBERTREK 2013
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4
| Page 5
| Page 6
| Page 7
| Page 8
| Page 9
| Page 10
| Page 11
| Page 12
| Page 13
| Page 14
| Page 15
| Page 16
| Page 17
| Page 18
| Page 19
| Page 20
| Page 21
| Page 22
| Page 23
| Page 24