NOVEMBER 2012 exhibitions
Harrison Council for the Arts www.harrisonpl.org
• Four Artists from the Reilly League. Oil and water- color paintings by Alan Appel, Marilyn Hahn, Elizabeth Hiden and Pamela Tucker. At Harrison Public Library. 10/7-11/2, Mon, Wed: 9:30am-9pm, Tues, Thurs-Sat: 9:30am-5:30pm, Sun: 1-5pm.
• Medley Acrylic Paintings by Joan Lengel. This exhibit consists of a series of acrylic paintings based on nature. 11/4-11/30, Mon, Wed: 9:30am-9pm, Tues, Thurs-Sat: 9:30am-5:30pm, Sun: 1-5pm. Meet the Artist: Nov 10, 2-4pm.
Horace Greeley House - New Castle Historical Society www.newcastlehs.org
• A Stroll Down Town: Then and Now. Find out how the town of Chappaqua grew & changed. 2/7- 1/7/2013, Tues-Thur, Sat: 1-4pm.
Hudson River Museum www.hrm.org
Geraldine Marcenyac, Female Contact, transFORM Gallery
• Celebrities: We Remember Them Well. Offers an intimate view into the lives of the 20th Century’s most famous and influential personages. 9/21-1/2, 12-5pm.
• Fish Tales Part 2. ArtsWestchester’s exciting exhibition, Fish Tales Around Westchester, swims into Mt. Vernon to educate and inspire. At Mount Vernon Public Library. 10/1-11/24, Mon-Thurs: 9am-8:30pm, Fri: 9am-6pm, 1st Sat: 9am-5pm. www.mountvernonpubliclibrary.org
• Human Contrasts: Intellectual Social Responsibility- A perspective in art. The Puglia Center of America, in col- laboration with the Sangiorgio Art Gallery, will present an exhibition of Italian Art by the Arcane Movement. 11/16- 11/28, Mon-Sat: 12-6pm. Opening reception, 11/16, 6pm.
Center for the Digital Arts at Westchester Community College www.sunywcc.edu/peekskill
• Free Not Free: Marcy B. Freedman. The project’s title is intended to suggest that we are controlled by the materialism of our culture. 10/18-12/1.
Chappaqua Library www.chappaqualibrary.org
• Stati d’Animo (States of Mind) New Works on Paper by Anthony Volpe. These abstract, gestural graphite drawings are powerful statements of move- ment and depth. 10/6-11/18, Mon-Thurs: 9am-8pm, Fri: 9am-6pm, Sat: 9am-5pm; Sun: 1-5pm.
Color Camera Club of Westchester www.colorcameraclub.org
• Members Digital Competition. Come enjoy seeing our members' best images and learn to improve your photography. 11/26, 7:30-9:30pm.
• The Amazing Photographic Skills Of John Hamburger. A master of HDR (High Dynamic Range) photography. 11/19, 7:30-9:30pm.
• Witness: The Art of Jerry Pinkney. More than 120 watercolor illustrations by Jerry Pinkney will be on view. 9/29-1/13/2013, 12-5pm.
Iona College Council on the Arts NEW
• FACES OF AMERICA: Servicemen Portraits by the New Rochelle Art Association. This exhibition features historic portraits of service men and women commissioned by the USO in 1943. At Brother Kenneth Chapman Gallery. 11/1-12/6, Mon-Thur: 12-5pm, Thurs evening: 6:30-8:00pm, Sun: 2-5pm. www.iona.edu
Katonah Museum of Art www.katonahmuseum.org
• “Ice Age” to the Digital Age: The 3D Animation Art of Blue Sky Studios. Explore the world of com- puter animation through the films of Blue Sky Studios, creators of the blockbuster Ice Age movies, Robots, and Rio. 9/16-1/20/2013, Tues-Sat: 10am-5pm, Sun: 12pm-5 pm. www.katonahmuseum.org
• Creating Characters with Peter de Seve. Peter de Seve’s illustrations and character designs are known throughout the world. 9/26-1/20/2013, Tues-Sat: 10am-5pm, Sun: 12pm- 5 pm.
Mamaroneck Artists’ Guild www.mamaroneckartistsguild.org
• A Gift of Art. Annual Holiday Show and Boutique. 11/15- 1/3/2013, Daily: 12-5pm, Thurs: 12-7pm. www.ma
• Into the Light. An exhibition of oil paintings by Lynne Barnes Leahy. 10/23-11/10, 12-5pm.
New Rochelle Public Library www.nrpl.org
• Big Read Culmination: Day of the Dead Exhibit and Event. The fifth annual Day of the Dead obser- vance presented by Calaveras y Diablitos artists. At New Rochelle High School. 10/26-11/3, 9am-5pm.
Bob and Berenice Pliskin Exhibition, White Plains Public Library
OSilas Gallery at Concordia College www.osilasgallery.org
• Journey of Peace: Art as Meditation. A mixed media exhibition. 11/2-12/2, Tues, Wed, Fri: 12-5pm, Thurs: 12-7pm, Sat: 2pm-5pm, Sun: 2pm-5pm.
Pelham Art Center www.pelhamartcenter.org
• Craft-Tastic: An Exhibiton and Sale of Handmade Goods. Our annual artisan exhibition and craft sale. 11/30-1/5/2013, Tues-Fri: 10am-5pm; Sat: 10am-4pm.
• Free Opening Reception and Art Workshop for “Craft-Tastic”. Celebrate the opening of our annual craft show. 11/30. 6:30-8pm.
Rye Arts Center www.ryeartscenter.org
• Photographers on Location. In the Moment – Contemporary Views of Community 10/27-11/3, 6-8pm.
transFORM Gallery www.transformgallery.com
• Female Contact. The show will explore the way women uniquely interact with others, their environ- ments and their art. 11/1-2/2. Opening reception: 11/1, 6-9pm.
Westchester Arc www.westchesterarc.org
• A Declaration of Art. An opportunity for art- ists to express their thoughts on citizenship rights and the value of democracy. At gallery265 - Arc of Westchester. 11/4-2/4/2013, Opening Day, Sunday Nov 4th, 1-3pm. Regular hours: Mon-Fri: 9am-4pm.
White Plains Public Library Foundation www.whiteplainslibrary.org
• Bob and Berenice Pliskin Exhibit. White Plains Public Library hosts gallery show of the artwork of Bob and Berenice Pliskin. 10/1-11/16, Mon-Wed: 10am-9pm, Thurs-Fri: 10am-6pm, Sat: 10am-5pm, Sun: 1pm-5pm.
Westchester County Business Journal • ARTSWNEWS
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4
| Page 5
| Page 6
| Page 7
| Page 8
| Page 9
| Page 10
| Page 11
| Page 12
| Page 13
| Page 14
| Page 15
| Page 16
| Page 17