• “Contemporary Rhythms” at The Horizon at Fleetwood. An innovative collaborative exhibition featuring the art work of area artists. At The Horizon at Fleetwood. On view by appointment through 6/15, Mon-Fri, 10am-5pm; Sat-Sun, 10am-4pm. www.horizon- fleetwood.com
• Greenburgh: The Fight for Change. Features photog- rapher John Shearer's portraits of community leaders. On view 5/3-5/11, 9am-5pm, by appointment.
• Sculpture: On and Off the Wall. Features 20 sculp- tors chosen by Westchester museum and gallery direc- tors. On view Tues-Sat through 5/20, 12-5pm.
Blue Door Gallery www.bluedoorart.org
• Art and the Human Form: Concept, Costume & Beyond. A National Juried show. On view through 5/26, Thur, 3-5pm; Fri-Sat, 12-5pm; Opening reception 5/3, 5:30pm.
Castle Gallery www.cnr.edu/cg
• The Westchester Biennial 2012. This exhibit showcases recent work by emerging and established Westchester County artists. On View through 6/17, Tue, Thur-Fri, 10am-5pm; Wed, 10am-8pm; Sat-Sun, 12-4pm.
Center for the Digital Arts www.sunywcc.edu/peekskill
• Westchester Community College presents Sarah Vogwill Polaroids & Afternoon. In this exhibition, the artist draws on her extensive collection of Polaroids. On view through 5/19, Times vary.
Color Camera Club of Westchester www.colorcameraclub.org
• Member’s Digital Competition #9. See the best pho- tography of our members. 5/14, 7:30-9:30pm.
• Photographic Presentation: Doors and Windows. A Member’s special assignment competition, 5/21, 7:30-9:30pm.
Harrison Council for the Arts www.harrisonpl.org
• For the Love of Horses by Patti Goldberg Ettinger. Equine paintings, prints and drawings by Patti Goldberg Ettinger. 4/1-5/4, Mon, Wed, 9:30am-9pm; Tues, Thur- Sat, 9:30am-5:30pm; Sun 1-5pm.
Harrison Council for the Arts www.harrisonpl.org
• Inner Landscapes, Outer Worlds by Elyssa Wortzman. My paintings reach out and envelop the viewer in a color-saturated world. 5/7-5/31, Times vary.
Hudson River Museum www.hrm.org
• Winfred Rembert: Amazing Grace. Reflects moments
in the South’s civil rights struggle. On view through 5/6, 12-5pm.
Hudson Valley Center for Contemporary Art www.hvcca.org
• Circa 1986. The exhibition attempts to capture a decade from 1981-1991. On view through 7/22, 12-6pm.
Katonah Museum of Art www.katonahmuseum.org
• Joseph Wheelwright. Artist Joseph Wheelwright creates giant figures from trees found on his Vermont property. On view through 5/1, Tue-Sat, 10am-5pm; Sun 12-5pm.
• Rising Dragon: Contemporary Chinese Photography. An exhibition of photography produced over the last 10 years in China. On view through 9/2, Tues-Sat, 10am-5pm; Sun, 12-5pm. www.katonahmu- seum.org
Mamaroneck Artists’ Guild www.mamaroneckartistsguild.org
• Outdoor Spaces/Going Places. A two-person show of paintings by Hilda Demsky and Marion Schneider. On view through 5/5, 12-5pm.
• Small Works Show. 8th Annual Juried Small Works Show featuring works in a variety of media. 5/9-6/2, 12-5pm.
Museum of Arts and Culture www.dbmac.org
• The Art of the Sonnet. The exhibit is part of the Sound Shore Shakespeare Festival. On view through 5/11, Mon- Fri, 9am-3pm; Tues and Thur 7-9pm.
Neuberger Museum of Art www.dbmac.org
• Focus on Milton Avery. Four paintings by Milton Avery. On view through 5/6, 12-5pm.
• Neu Experiences in Art. Enjoy a gallery tour for indi- viduals with Alzheimer’s Disease and their caregivers. 5/17, 2:00-3:30pm.
• Visionary Sugar: Works of Kiki Smith. Exhibition of new, multi-media work by internationally acclaimed art- ist Kiki Smith. 2/5-5/6, 12-5pm.
Pelham Art Center www.pelhamartcenter.org
• Light Matter. A photograph and mixed media exhibit curated by Kathleen Monaghan and Lisa Banner. 5/4- 6/30, Tues-Fri, 12-5pm; Sat, 10am-4pm.
• Light Matter Exhibition Opening and Art Workshop. Celebrate the opening of the exhibition. 5/4, 6:30-8pm.
Rye Arts Center www.ryeartscenter.org
• Beyond Rodin: New Directions in Contemporary Figurative Sculpture. The exhibit features the work of 20 US-based sculptors. 5/6-6/16, Times vary.
Sarah Lawrence College www.sarahlawrence.edu
• Possibilities/Energy Paintings Art Exhibit. A visual art exhibit featuring paintings from the poet and painter, Rosalind Brenner. At Esther Rauschenbush Library. On view through 5/20, Mon-Thurs, 8:30am-8:30pm; Fri, 8:30am-7pm; Sat, 11am-6pm; Sun, 11am-8:30pm.
• Dufresne & Gaston Art Exhibit. An exhibition by guest faculty, Angela Dufresne and Rico Gaston. At Barbara Walters Gallery in the Heimbold Visual Arts Center. On view through 5/3, 10am-4pm.
• Visual Art Department Open Studios. During Open Studios, every student in a Visual Arts class will be displaying their work at Heimbold Visual Arts Center. 5/8, 3pm.
• Visual Arts Exhibition. This annual exhibition showcases the students’ art work. Faculty select a representa- tive from each class to exhibit their work in the Barbara Walters Gallery, Heimbold Visual Arts Center. 5/8-6/22, Mon-Sun, 10am-4pm.
transFORM Gallery www.transformgallery.com
• Alive With Color. Featured New York artists Ruth Epstein and Nancy Nikkal. 2/8-5/31, 9am-6pm.
Westchester County Business Journal • ARTSWNEWS
Rising Dragon: Contemporary Chinese Photography, Kantonah Museum of Art, (Photo: Li Wei, Live at a High Place #6); on view through 9/2
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4
| Page 5
| Page 6
| Page 7
| Page 8
| Page 9
| Page 10
| Page 11
| Page 12
| Page 13
| Page 14
| Page 15
| Page 16
| Page 17