• The School of Psychology has 30 full-time academic staff, 8 technical staff, 60 postgraduates and 20 post-doctoral researchers.
• We admit in the region of 10-15 new research postgraduates each year. • The School has an international reputation for the quality of its teaching and research and has some of the best psychological laboratory facilities in the UK.
• An emphasis on‘doing’not just listening:we equip you to ask and answer psychological questions.
• Psychology in St Andrews has maintained its position as one of the UK’s top Psychology departments in the 2008 Research Assessment Exercise.We remain the top psychology department in Scotland and rank seventh out of 76 Psychology departments in the UK. 100 per cent of our overall returnswere ranked at ‘international’ level and all our lecturing staff were included in the assessment.
• In the Teaching Quality Assessment the School has been graded as‘Excellent’.
Our standing as a centre for research excellence is illustrated by the fact thatwe regularly attract funding from UK research councils, Leverhulme, Royal Society of Edinburgh, the European Union, theWellcomeTrust, the Carnegie Trust and industry. Consequently,we have a large and thriving community of research staff and postgraduate students.We believe that good teaching and good research go hand-in-hand andwe take pride in our research-based culture of teaching. Up-to-date information about the School can be obtained by visiting ourwebsite: www.st-andrews.ac.uk/psychology
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4
| Page 5
| Page 6
| Page 7
| Page 8
| Page 9
| Page 10
| Page 11
| Page 12