Catching UpWith OurAlumni
John Lannan ’06 Lannancontinues toexcel atbaseball’shighest levelwiththeWashingtonNationals. In January, Lannan agreed to terms on a one-year, $2.75million contract through the end of the2011season.Heclosedout the2010seasonbywinningsixofhis inaleightdecisions,andbegan2011 posting a 5-5 record in his irst 16 startswith a 3.40ERA. In ive June starts, hewent 3-0with a 1.44ERA.
e D’Agostino ’77
D’Agostino was named a United States District Judge for theUnited StatesDistrict Court for the Northern District of New York. D’Agostino was recommended for the post by Senator Charles Schumer and nominated by President Obama. D’Agostino was conirmed by an 88-0 vote on March 30 to receive her commission.D’Agostino, who graduated magna cum laude from Siena, played forward for two years on the women’s basketball team.
Tom Pillsworth ’61
On June 4 Siena College awarded its annual Distinguished Alumni awards to ive special
recipients.Of those ive, threeweremen’s lacrosse alumni including former player and head coach Tom Pillsworth, who received the Professor Egon Plager Award for Humanitarian EffortsAdvancing theWelfare ofOthers.Well into his 60’s and retired, Pillsworth joined the American Red Cross National Disaster Action Teamafter the events of Sept. 11 to assist in the relief effort.Af
ter several trips toNewYork City, Pillsworth volunteered his services and was deployed in uniform for a six-month stint in Baghdad. While there, he helped create, andwas chosen as the coach, of the irst-ever Baghdad Lacrosse team.
TomPillsworth (far left) with his Baghdad lacrosse team
Ryan Finn ’02, Donna DeFrancesco ’97
Volleyballandsoftball’sDonnaDeFrancesco’97, men’sbasketball’sMarcusFaison’00andbase- ball’s Ryan Finn ’02 and Todd Donovan ’06 were inducted into the Siena AthleticsHall of Fame. Above, Finn and DeFrancesco pose with their plaques following the induction ceremony held on February 19 in Albany.
• Volleyball and softball’s Donna DeFrancesco ’97, men’s basketball’s Marcus Faison ’00 and baseball’s Ryan Finn ’02 and Todd Donovan ’06 were inducted into the Siena Athletics Hall of Fame
Mae D’Agostino (right) with New York Senator Charles Schumer
• Tom Pillsworth ’61, Tom Baldwin ’81 and William Redmond ’81 all of men’s lacrosse won Siena College Distinguished Alumni awards
• Men’s basketball’s Marc Brown ’91 had his No. 4 jersey retired to the Times Union Center’s rafters
• Jim Howard ’84 was inducted into the Professional Baseball Scouts Hall of Fame
• Brian Bigley ’07 qualified for the Wells Fargo Championship PGA Tour event
• Baseball’s Dan Paolini (Seattle) and Kevin Quaranto ’11 (Philadelphia) inked pro contracts
• Men’s soccer’s Steve Covino and Joey Tavernese ’11 became the first players in program history to sign pro contracts, inking with FC New York of the United Soccer League
• Alex Franklin ’10 (Spain/France) and Ronald Moore ’10 (Slovokia/Poland) signed pro basketball contracts to play in Europe
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4
| Page 5
| Page 6
| Page 7
| Page 8
| Page 9
| Page 10
| Page 11
| Page 12