COMPACT TRACTOR SUCCESS STORY
Bobcat compact tractors — loaded with safety features
A number of safety features are built into every Bobcat®
compact tractor to help ensure proper use and effi cient operation. They include:
• A Rollover Protective Structure (ROPS) that can be folded down without using tools. The anti-rattle feature of the ROPS eliminates unwanted noise. An optional cab enclosure with ROPS is available.
Connie Becker takes delight in having horses on her property where she and her husband care for them.
• A spark arrestor muffl er is standard. It is required on machines operating in certain forests and grasslands (check local regulations).
• The safety interlock system, standard on all models, provides operator and bystander protection when starting and operating the tractor.
• Safety signs and decals provide warnings and instructions.
• Debris shields located in front of the pedals are standard on most models.
• A retractable seatbelt stays out of the way when you enter and exit the tractor. It is attached to the seat base instead of the fl oor for more comfort when the seat height is adjusted.
• An operator’s handbook is a handy reference for proper operation and maintenance.
CHECK IT OUT!
To watch our safety video featuring Bobcat compact tractors, scan this QR code with your smartphone (QR code reader app required).
If you don’t have a smartphone, visit www.MyWorkSaver.com/qr/ctsafety
to watch the video.
12 WorkSaver Homeowner with Acreage | EARLY FALL 2011
• A PTO shield provides protection from the rear PTO shaft.
In winter the front-end loader helps clear snow. It also hauls logs for fi rewood and moves dirt around the property. The dirt road going to the barn is kept in good condition with the 3-point-hitch box blade implement on the back of the compact tractor.
Since the Beckers use fl ood irrigation on the pasture, they can count on plenty of weeds every year.
“The CT230 has made weed control much easier,” Gary says. “I hook up a 3-point-hitch sprayer on the back of the compact tractor to apply herbicide to the pasture. I spray the ditches with a hand sprayer as I drive along. It works great.
“The ease of operation and user-friendly design allows my wife to do much of the operation, which she enjoys immensely.”
While the Beckers don’t get to do as much with their horses as they would like, they enjoy having their four grandsons visit and ride around the property. Each fall the horses are loaded onto a trailer and sent to southern Montana for elk hunting. The horses allow Gary and his group to hunt throughout the mountains.
While surrounded by new homes in a growing subdivision, Gary and Connie Becker still enjoy living the country life, with some help from a Bobcat compact tractor and attachments and implements.
to learn more about what makes Bobcat compact tractors better than others. Click on the attachments and implements section to see how to maximize your tractor’s versatility.
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4
| Page 5
| Page 6
| Page 7
| Page 8
| Page 9
| Page 10
| Page 11
| Page 12
| Page 13
| Page 14
| Page 15
| Page 16
| Page 17
| Page 18
| Page 19
| Page 20
| Page 21
| Page 22
| Page 23
| Page 24