search.noResults

search.searching

note.createNoteMessage

search.noResults

search.searching

orderForm.title

orderForm.productCode
orderForm.description
orderForm.quantity
orderForm.itemPrice
orderForm.price
orderForm.totalPrice
orderForm.deliveryDetails.billingAddress
orderForm.deliveryDetails.deliveryAddress
orderForm.noItems
CELEBRATING 175 YEARS OF QUAKER EDUCATION


Keeping the bricks and mortar in good shape The new Food & Nutrition Room


Since the school first opened in 1842 there have been many changes to the physical buildings. The original school house ... in the Old Manor ... has now been transformed into elegant apartments.


The Hill Building, which opened in 1930, was extended in 1950 by the addition of a Central Wing that included a new library and new hall/gym (now the Oliver Studio). In 1989, the new Junior School was opened by Lord Saye and Sele. The sale of the Manor in 2000


paved the way for the building of a new Art and Music School, which was completed in 2001. The swimming pool opened in 2003 and in 2009 cricketer Darren Gough joined us to officially open our brand-new sports changing complex. 2010 saw the opening of a new


library; in 2011, 50 solar panels were installed onto the roofs of the English Classrooms, and in 2012 we undertook a significant


transformation of the main school hall, which was originally built in 1975 ... a feat of architecture that effectively saw a roof put on the school quad! The refurbishment introduced a retractable seating rake, theatrical


The Craft, Design and Technology Room in 1906


Home Economics in the 1930s


lighting rig and enhanced acoustics. More recent works have included


the refurbishment of the Design and Technology Studios, the building of new pupil toilet blocks and the refurbishment of one of the science labs. Most recently, over the summer holidays, the Food Tech room was completely gutted and pupils returned to school in September 2017 to find a new Food & Nutrition Room open for business.


Design & Technology in 2017


Music class (in the gym) circa 1892 and in the Ensemble Room 2017 The Sibford Rocket / 13


Page 1  |  Page 2  |  Page 3  |  Page 4  |  Page 5  |  Page 6  |  Page 7  |  Page 8  |  Page 9  |  Page 10  |  Page 11  |  Page 12  |  Page 13  |  Page 14  |  Page 15  |  Page 16  |  Page 17  |  Page 18  |  Page 19  |  Page 20  |  Page 21  |  Page 22  |  Page 23  |  Page 24  |  Page 25  |  Page 26  |  Page 27  |  Page 28  |  Page 29  |  Page 30  |  Page 31  |  Page 32