Horace Greeley House - New Castle Historical Society www.newcastlehs.org
• New Castle Beginnings - Our Founding Farms. Purchased from the Native American tribes, large tracts of land became the first farms. Through 1/15/2014, Tue-Thu & Sat: 1-4pm.
• Downton Chappy - Costumes of the Downton Abbey Era. Dresses and costumes from the Historical Society’s extensive collection. Through 1/15/2014, Tue-Wed & Sat: 1-4pm.
Hudson River Museum www.hrm.org
• Industrial Sublime: Modernism and the Transformation of New York’s Rivers 1900 - 1940. Modern paintings from Robert Henri to Georgia O’Keeffe. Through 1/17/14, Wed-Sun: 12-5pm.
• Decorated Glenview. See Glenview decked for the holidays in Victorian splendor. At Hudson River Museum. Through 1/5/2014, Wed-Sun: 12-5pm.
Hudson Valley Center for Contemporary Art www.hvcca.org
• Art at the Core: The Intersection of Visual Art and Performance. Artworks that suggest narratives, and translations of the works into live performances. Through 7/27/14, Fri: 11-5pm, Sat-Sun: 12-6pm.
Katonah Museum of Art www.katonahmuseum.org
• Eye to I ... 3,000 Years of Portraits. Portraiture that explores the countless ways indi- viduals experience imagery. Through 2/16/14, Tues-Sat: 10am-5pm, Sun: 12-5pm.
Larchmont Public Library www.larchmontlibrary.org
• City Streets and Other Loves: Photography by Justine Knight & Stacey Vukelj. Color and black & white work. 12/3-12/30, Open during library hours.
Mamaroneck Artists’ Guild www.mamaroneckartistsguild.org
• A Gift of Art. Gifts for everyone on your list. Through 12/24, Mon-Sun, 12-5pm.
• Landscapes. Natural and manmade landscapes seen through the eyes of an eclectic mix of artists and media. 1/8-1/25, 12-5pm.
City Streets and Other Loves: Photography by Justine Knight & Stacey Vukelj, Larchmont Public Library, 12/3-30 (photo credit: Stacey Vukelj)
• Young Artists on the Rise. High school students’ work. 1/28-2/8/2014, 12-5pm.
Mount Vernon Public Library www.mountvernonpubliclibrary.org
• Mount Vernon: Prospect for Change - Photography Exhibit by John Rizzo. Portraits of leading citizens including Mayor Ernest Davis. Through 1/4, open during library hours.
New Rochelle Public Library www.nrpl.org
• New Rochelle: A Celebration of 325 Years 1688-2013. Charts milestones in the city’s history. At New Rochelle Public Library. Through 12/4, 10am-5pm.
• Rhythms of a Faithful Journey. Exhibition based on the book Rhythms of a Faithful Journey by Robin and James Miller. 1/12-2/28, Mon-Sat: 10am-5pm.
Pelham Art Center www.pelhamartcenter.org
• CRAFT-TASTIC: Exhibition and Sale. A collection of the hand-made by local and international crafts artists. Through 1/4, Tues-Fri: 10am-5pm, Sat: 10am-4pm.
• Migration Narratives. Group exhibition of kinetic sculpture, installation, drawing, painting, and video by six contemporary artists. 1/31-3/29, Tue-Fri: 10-5pm, Sat, 10-4pm. Reception: 1/31, 6:30-8pm.
Sarah Lawrence College www.sarahlawrence.edu
• Tree Series. Acrylic paintings by Caryl Stone. Through 12/13, times vary.
transFORM Gallery www.transformgallery.com
• 70 Under $700 - transFORM Art Fair. Over 70 pieces of artwork, priced at $700 and under. Through 1/4, Mon-Fri: 9 am-6 pm, Sat: 10am-4 pm.
Westchester County Business Journal • ARTSWNEWS
DECEMBER 2013 - JANUARY 2014
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4
| Page 5
| Page 6
| Page 7
| Page 8
| Page 9
| Page 10
| Page 11
| Page 12
| Page 13
| Page 14
| Page 15
| Page 16
| Page 17
| Page 18
| Page 19
| Page 20