Leisure OppOrtunities AppOintments
call +44 (0)1462 431385 General Manager Lifeguard £6.4734 per hour (plus shift and weekend enhancements)
37 hpw.Working as part of the team at Crown Pools you will be responsible for delivering exceptional customer service, whilst supervising and assisting customers to enjoy their visit to the swimming centres facilities. You will also be responsible for undertaking cleaning duties in order to maintain the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene within the facility.
You should have: a current NPLQ the ability to cope under pressure
excellent customer service skills effective communication skills.
This post will involve shift work, including weekends and evenings.
An Enhanced CRB is required for this post. Closing date: 21 February 2012. Interview date: 29 February 2012.
Apply online at www.ipswich.gov.uk/jobs
Ipswich Borough Council, Human Resources, Grafton House, 15-17 Russell Road, Ipswich IP1 2DE. Telephone: (01473) 432766 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are recruiting for an experienced, dynamic and marketing focused General Manager for our Lime Tree Road, Norwich rackets club.
You will be reporting to the Chairman and responsible for operational day-to-day management of the Club including all financial aspects, its staff and the marketing of the Club.
• Supervising all employees ensuring the highest standards of service are provided to all members and guests. • Lead the recruitment of all Club staff.
B5074_NLCS_62x83L:B5074_NLCS_62x83L 3/2/12 14:36 Page DUTY MANAGER
Canons Sports Centre, North London Collegiate School, Edgware, Middlesex We are seeking to appoint a committed and enthusiastic Duty Manager to join our management team. We are located in the beautifully landscaped grounds of North London Collegiate School. Facilities include a 25m indoor swimming pool, multi- purpose sports hall, fitness studio, dance studio, and tennis courts. Reporting to the Centre Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for operational management of the centre including health and safety, customer care and leading and managing staff. A current NPLQ is essential, with First Aid at Work certificate, and National Pool Plant Operator qualification desirable. If you believe you have the knowledge and skills required for the above role please contact Mrs Liz Dennehy, Personnel Officer for an application form and briefing profile on 0208 951 6372 or e-mail email@example.com
You may also download details from: http://www.canonssportscentre.co.uk/Vacancies.html
Closing date for applications: 24th February, 2012
• Develop ways to add member- ship value and improve the various sports offered. • Inspire and work with the tennis and squash teams to deliver high standards ensuring member sat- isfaction maximising retention. • Chair regular staff management meetings and motivate them to deliver excellent service. • Ensure the Club’s Health & Safety policy is fully implemented and that all key staff are trained.
• Developing membership and marketing strategy, identifying opportunities for increasing membership and implementing the strategies. • Developing sales opportunities within the Club to maximise income. • Ensure sound administration and reporting procedures are fol- lowed in line with Club practice at all times. • Ensure that all facilities internally and externally are maintained to a high standard. • Other duties as may be necessary from time to time, compatible with the nature of the post.
Applicants wishing to apply will demonstrate a proven track record of management within the sports/leisure industry sector. You will be able to lead by example and possess strong business acumen with knowledge and a passion for racket sports being an advantage.
In return the role of General Manager attracts an excellent salary and benefits package in the knowledge you are working for the regions premier club.
Salary Range: £28,000 - 30,000
Applications to: Anthony Raywood, East Anglia Tennis & Squash Club, Lime Tree Road, Norwich NR2 2NQ T: 01603 453532 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Key Account Manager Reports to: The General Manager Based at: GRAVITY UK, High Wycombe
Business Development Officer
£24,958 - £29,373 plus benefits Camberley, Surrey • Ref: DAL065
As Business Development Officer you will be required to ensure that the Surrey Heath community are aware of and receive the best possible service from the Councils parks, countryside and leisure facilities in the borough.
The application of your expertise in income generation, organising events and social media will enable the creation of an inspiring programme of events, launched via memorable and engaging marketing campaigns. First hand experience in a marketing and sponsorship and/or leisure related environment would therefore be advantageous, as would an understanding of how local government works.
Closing date: Monday 20 February 2012.
Benefits include aminimumof 24 daysʼ annual leave, final salary pension scheme, free parking, private healthcare (after five years of service). A current full driving licence and occasional access to a car are required, for which mileage expenses will be paid.
For further information please contact Kate Newton, Leisure & Recreation Manager on 01276 707397 for an informal chat.
For an application pack, apply online at www.surreyheath.gov.uk/council/vacancies
Please note CVs will only be accepted when accompanied by a completed application. Please quote the relevant job reference.
Surrey Heath Borough Council is committed to equality of opportunity in employment and service delivery and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.
Job role: To sell the Total Gym fitness equipment range to UK Key Accounts and individual customers, in accordance with agreed targets.
The applicant should have a strong sales background and whilst not mandatory, a background in, or knowledge of the fitness industry is preferable. Full product training will be provided.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities include:
• gaining a clear understanding of customers’ businesses and requirements
• composing and presenting customer focused presentations • challenging any objections with a view to closing the sale • negotiating on price and costs, delivery and specifications with buyers
• must be confident in the sale process with a strong desire to sell • must be confident at forming relationships with clients • must be highly self-motivated and enthusiastic
Starting salary is £25K per annum with an estimated OTE of £50K. Car, laptop, mobile phone and reasonable expenses provided.
Please post your CV with full details to The General Manager, GRAVITY UK, 2a Desborough Industrial Park, Desborough Park Road, High Wycombe, HP12 3BG. Or email email@example.com
Applications close 29th February 2012. Interviews will be held the week commencing 6th March 2012.
sport & Leisure / saLes & marketing appointments
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4
| Page 5
| Page 6
| Page 7
| Page 8
| Page 9
| Page 10
| Page 11
| Page 12
| Page 13
| Page 14
| Page 15
| Page 16
| Page 17
| Page 18
| Page 19
| Page 20
| Page 21
| Page 22
| Page 23
| Page 24