General Director of Publications
Joseph A. Mirkovich
church of god
Editor in Chief
James E. Cossey
Director of Operations
Director of Accounting
J. Wayne Walston
Director of Printing
VOLUME 100 / ISSUE 1 / JANUARY 2010
10 13 24
DESIGN AND PRODUCTION
Terry Hart, Chair
DECLARATION OF FAITH
Ray E. Hurt
Dale R. Dyar
1. In the verbal inspiration of the Bible.
B. Randall Hamon
2. In one God eternally existing in three persons; namely, the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
K. Leroy Kerbo
3. That Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of the Father, conceived of the Holy Ghost,
and born of the Virgin Mary. That Jesus was crucified, buried, and raised from the dead.
That He ascended to heaven and is today at the right hand of the Father as the Intercessor.
4. That all have sinned and come short of the glory of God and that repentance is
commanded of God for all and necessary for forgiveness of sins.
5. That justification, regeneration, and the new birth are wrought by faith in the blood of
Raymond F. Culpepper
First Assistant General Overseer
Timothy M. Hill
6. In sanctification subsequent to the new birth, through faith in the blood of Christ;
Second Assistant General Overseer
through the Word, and by the Holy Ghost.
Mark L. Williams
Third Assistant General Overseer
7. Holiness to be God’s standard of living for His people.
David M. Griffis
8. In the baptism with the Holy Ghost subsequent to a clean heart.
Wallace J. Sibley
9. In speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance and that it is the initial
evidence of the baptism in the Holy Ghost.
CHURCH OF GOD congregations meet in more than 6,500
local churches in the United States and in 26,000 churches
10. In water baptism by immersion, and all who repent should be baptized in the name of
in other countries. To find a church and times of services
near you, access the church Web site, www.churchofgod. the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.
org, or fax your request to 423-478-7616.
Differing points of view mark the Christian community. Pub-
11. Divine healing is provided for all in the Atonement.
lication of material in the Evangel does not necessarily imply
endorsement of the Church of God.
12. In the Lord’s Supper and washing of the saints’ feet.
The Church of God Evangel (ISSN 0745-6778) is edited
and published monthly.
13. In the premillennial second coming of Jesus. First, to resurrect the righteous dead and to
■ Church of God Publish ing
House, 1080 Montgomery Ave., P.O. Box 2250, Cleveland,
catch away the living saints to Him in the air. Second, to reign on the earth a thousand
TN 37320-2250 ■ Subscription rates: Single subscrip-
tion per year $17, Canada $24, Bundle of 15 per month
$17, Canada $28, Bundle of 5 per month $7.50, Canada
$11.25 ■ Single copy $1.50 ■ Periodical postage paid at
Cleveland, TN 37311 and at additional mailing offices
14. In the bodily resurrection; eternal life for the righteous, and eternal punishment for
©2010 Church of God Publications ■ All rights reserved
■ POSTMASTER: Send change of address to Evangel,
P.O. Box 2250, Cleveland, TN 37320-2250. (USPS 112-240)
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4
| Page 5
| Page 6
| Page 7
| Page 8
| Page 9
| Page 10
| Page 11
| Page 12
| Page 13
| Page 14
| Page 15
| Page 16
| Page 17
| Page 18
| Page 19
| Page 20
| Page 21
| Page 22
| Page 23
| Page 24
| Page 25
| Page 26
| Page 27
| Page 28
| Page 29
| Page 30
| Page 31
| Page 32