I hate to admit it but yes, fall is right around the corner. Considering we really didn’t have a “real” summer, the only redeeming aspect to the season change is that candy corn is back on aisle five at the food store. As you read this, I am confident that you are up to your nose in appointments and can’t remember whether Labor Day was two weeks ago or two months ago.
As you settle back into your routines, I ask that you be aware of some special organizations within your community that you may be hearing from in the near future. Serving Cambridge are over 150 nonprofit/social service organizations, many of which hold their flagship events in the coming months. Please be aware that they need your support—and not just in monetary form.
Requesting your assistance is not the only reason these organizations hold their events. My experience has been that they use these opportunities to thank volunteers and other members of the community for their tireless support. These events also serve to remind us of the valuable work they perform. These organizations are vital and necessary partners within our community.
As that future invitation to one of their events crosses your desk or you read about them in a local publication, please make a note of what they have to offer, what they do for us and how you or your company might be of assistance and, if possible, mark your calendar to attend their event. I guarantee you will see people you know, connect with new individuals and gain a new perspective on what services your community provides. See the “Save the Date” column on page seven for a listing of some of the event that are coming up in the next few months.
Following are some of the CCC member organizations that serve our community. These members appear on this list because their business category relates to the nonprofit 501c3 sector.
I salute the fine work and services these associations provide. Thank you for your support of the Cambridge community.
Best in business,
Kelly Thompson Clark
• Alliance Foundation
• American Red Cross Blood Services/NER
• American Red Cross of Mass. Bay
• Boston Area Rape Crisis Center
• Boston Cispes
• Boston Research Center/21st Century
• Boys & Girls Clubs of Middlesex County
• Breakthrough Cambridge
• Cambridge Camping Association
• Cambridge Cares About Aids, Inc.
• Cambridge Community Foundation
• Cambridge Community Services
• Cambridge Family & Children’s Service
• Cambridge Family YMCA
• Cambridge Health Alliance
• Cambridge Housing Assistance Fund
• Cambridge School Volunteers, Inc.
• CASPAR, Inc.
• Center for Women & Enterprise
• Charles River Conservancy
• Childcare Resource Center, Inc.
• Community Music Center of Boston
• East End House, Inc.
• Education Matters®
• James F. Farr Academy, Inc.
• Food For Free Committee, Inc.
• Friends of the Community Learning Center
• Hildebrand Family Self-Help Center, Inc.
• Homeowner’s Rehab/CNAHS
• InnerCity Entrepreneurs
• Just-A-Start Corporation
• Metro North Regional Employment Board
• NCC Corporate Work Study Program
• Parents Forum
• Recording for the Blind & Dyslexic
• Sabre Foundation
• The Salvation Army
• Science Club for Girls
• Solutions at Work, Inc.
• Somerville-Cambridge Elder Services
• Special Olympics MA
• Transition House
• Tutoring Plus of Cambridge
• United Way of Mass. Bay
• Vinfen Corporation
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4
| Page 5
| Page 6
| Page 7
| Page 8
| Page 9
| Page 10
| Page 11
| Page 12
| Page 13
| Page 14
| Page 15
| Page 16