Coffee Break Corner Quiz
Take a break and test your memory with our regular general knowledge quiz
1. Who wrote the best-selling novel The Da Vinci Code? 2. Prior to the adoption of the Euro, what was the currency of Italy? 3. In which 1964 film musical did Elvis Presley play look alike relatives? 4. How many packs of cards are used in a game of Canasta? 5. In the newspaper cartoon strip, what is the name of Andy Capp’s wife? 6. What is the capital city of Denmark? 7. In Roman numerals what does the letter ‘L’ represent? 8. From which plant is linseed oil obtained? 9. Who was the only British female singer to have three UK number ones in the 60s?
10. Where would you find the National Library of Wales? (And please be more specific than ‘Wales’)
11. What nationality was poet WB Yeats? 12. Which two countries occupy the Iberian Peninsula? 13. Which month is said to ‘come in like a lion and go out like a lamb’? 14. In which stadium does the Scottish Rugby Union team play its home matches? 15. What colour is muscovado sugar? 16. Which birds are generally associated with the Tower of London? 17. How many pints are there in two quarts? 18. Who was the author of the novel Little Women? 19. In which month does St Andrews Day fall? 20. In which country did England win the 2003 Rugby Union World Cup?
The Chuckle Brothers Fifty years of To Me… To You
To Me… To You! That’s the Chuckle
Brothers celebrating fifty years on stage! Surely not! Oh yes they are!
This is their story, written by Paul
with a little “help” from Barry in his own special way. The Chuckle Brothers have been filling theatres and
pulling in huge
viewing figures for their television shows for a few years now,
but it was not always like that.
How many packs of cards are used in a game of Canasta? (Photo: Wendell) This week’s quote
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” – C.S. Lewis
If you have ever laughed with Paul and Barry, then Fifty years of To Me…
To You is something you simply cannot miss.
Personally signed copies of the Chuckles brothers books can be obtained by emailing terry.fo
or by contacting him on 0161 683 8034.
Order online @ www.worldsfair.co.uk/chucklebrothers
or phone our sales team on 0161 683 8000
ORDER YOUR COPY NOW £11.50 + £1.99 p&p TO THE UK What is the capital city of Denmark? (Photo: Dorte)
MARKET TRADER, MAY 10 - 23, 2019
1. Dan Brown 2. Lira 3. Kissin’ Cousins 4. Two 5. Flo 6. Copenhagen 7. 50 8. Flax 9. Sandie Shaw 10. Aberystwyth
11. Irish 12. Spain & Portugal 13. March 14. Murrayfield 15. Brown 16. Ravens 17. Four 18. Louisa M Alcott 19. November 20. Australia
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4
| Page 5
| Page 6
| Page 7
| Page 8
| Page 9
| Page 10
| Page 11
| Page 12
| Page 13
| Page 14
| Page 15
| Page 16
| Page 17
| Page 18
| Page 19
| Page 20
| Page 21
| Page 22
| Page 23
| Page 24