Coffee Break Corner Quiz
Take a break and test your memory with our regular general knowledge quiz
1. In which castle was the first Welsh Eisteddfod held on Christmas Day 1176? 2. Who plays Kate Winslet’s love interest in the 2006 film The Holiday? 3. Which of the Gospels gives the fullest account of the Nativity? 4. Which European country was the first to issue a Christmas stamp? 5. When is the feast of Stephen?
6. Which horse won the title of Horse of the Year in 1964 after winning both the Irish and Epsom Derbies and the Irish 2000 Guineas?
7. How many children did Bob Cratchit have in A Christmas Carol? 8. What name is given to a male turkey? 9. Which famous author wrote The Father Christmas Letters? 10. In which month does Christmas fall in Australia? 11. According to the lyrics of the song, what were Frosty the Snowman’s last words? 12. Which Pope in AD 320 declared December 25th to be Christmas Day? 13. Which stretch of water in London is used for a Christmas morning swim? 14. In Iceland how many Santas distribute presents?
15. Which American company created the first artificial Christmas tree using the same machinery that made toilet brushes?
16. In which city would you find Wenceslas Square?
17. What is Jake’s prize if he makes it home for Christmas in the 1998 film I’ll be Home for Christmas?
18. Which Beatles song was covered by Elbow for the 2017 John Lewis Christmas TV commercial?
19. What is Santa’s postcode in Canada? 20. Which of Santa’s reindeer has a name that means ‘lightning’ in German?
How many children did Bob Cratchit have in A Christmas Carol? (Photo: The Sage Colleges)
MARKET TRADER, DECEMBER 21, 2018 - JANUARY 3, 2019
Which famous author wrote The Father Christmas Letters? (Photo: Rizudio) This week’s quote
“One can never have enough socks,” said Dumbledore. “Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn’t get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”
– J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
1. Cardigan 2. Jack Black 3. Luke 4. Austria 5. December 26th 6. Santa Claus 7. Six 8. A Tom or Gobbler 9. JRR Tolkein 10. December
11. “I’ll be back some day” 12. Julius I 13. The Serpentine 14. Thirteen 15. Addis 16. Prague 17. A sports car 18. Golden Slumbers 19. H0H 0H0 20. Blitzen
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4
| Page 5
| Page 6
| Page 7
| Page 8
| Page 9
| Page 10
| Page 11
| Page 12
| Page 13
| Page 14
| Page 15
| Page 16
| Page 17
| Page 18
| Page 19
| Page 20
| Page 21
| Page 22
| Page 23
| Page 24