Coffee Break Corner Quiz
Take a break and test your memory with our regular general knowledge quiz
1. In Roman numerals, what is MD plus MDI? 2. What is the name of the principal female character in Ian Fleming’s Chitty Chitty Bang Bang?
3. In which sport might you find a “spike” followed by a “dig”? 4. What part of the human body is affected by Bright’s disease? 5. Which Monkees song with the word Sunday in the title got to number 11 in the UK in 1967?
6. Apart from London, which is the only UK city that has an orbital motorway? 7. Which insect carries the parasite that causes Sleeping Sickness? 8. On which river does the city of Peterborough stand? 9. How many chains are there in one furlong? 10. Which five countries share a land border with Argentina? 11. Who wrote the 1961 novel The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie? 12. What is the capital of the US state of Virginia? 13. Who was the third person to walk on the moon? 14. What is the capital city of Indonesia? 15. Which 1955 movie contains the iconic scene of Marilyn Monroe’s skirt being blown by an air vent?
16. Who were the five members of the Rolling Stones pictured on their self-titled 1964 debut album?
17. A statue of which poet stands on the Eurostar platform in St Pancras Station? 18. Of what is pedology the study? 19. Which five nations make up the permanent members of the United Nations Security Council?
20. What are salmon called during the first two years of their lives? Who was the third person to walk on the moon? (Photo: Daniel Mennerich)
MARKET TRADER, JULY 6 - 19, 2018
Investment & Management of Rawtenstall Market – Tender Opportunity
Rossendale Council is seeking a partner organisation to take over the day to day running of Rawtenstall Market over a minimum of 25 years, including the modernisation of the site, promotion, events, stall lets, maintenance and general operating duties.
What is the name of the principal female character in Ian Fleming’s Chitty Chitty Bang Bang? (Photo: jEd dC)
This week’s quote
“There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed.” – Ernest Hemingway
More information can be found here: www.rossendale.gov.uk/tenders
or by calling
Guy Darragh on 01706 252480
1. MMMI 2. Truly Scrumptious 3. (Beach) volleyball 4. Kidneys 5. Pleasant Valley Sunday 6. Manchester (M60) 7. Tsetse fly 8. The River Nene 9. Ten 10. Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Paraguay and Uruguay 11. Muriel Spark
12. Richmond 13. Charles (Pete) Conrad on Apollo XII 14. Jakarta 15. The Seven Year Itch 16. Brian Jones, Keith Richards, Bill Wyman, Charlie Watts and Mick Jagger
17. Sir John Betjeman 18. Soil 19. China, France, Russia, United Kingdom and the USA
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4
| Page 5
| Page 6
| Page 7
| Page 8
| Page 9
| Page 10
| Page 11
| Page 12
| Page 13
| Page 14
| Page 15
| Page 16
| Page 17
| Page 18
| Page 19
| Page 20
| Page 21
| Page 22
| Page 23
| Page 24