This page contains a Flash digital edition of a book.
The Poor Relation?


We find that reputation counts for a lot in this industry. Around 85% of Merco Services’ clients are long term customers, and it's this repeat business that will allow us to grow and further cement our status within our base of Greater Manchester. Around 80% of our work is dedicated to cleaning and maintaining apartment blocks, with the other 20% focused on office blocks – something that we have recently branched out into. Since launching in 2008, we have developed a way of working that we feel best addresses and meets the needs of all our clients.


Understand the


needs of your clients Before we quote for a job or are awarded a contract, I will always go and meet the potential new client on the site in question to run through the specifics of the job. This means that I can get a full idea of what is needed as well as determining the right team and equipment. We’ll quote accordingly and, if offered the contract, I will usually meet them again to confirm the job spec and I can then brief my manager on what the job will require.


The building type will determine which team will be assigned to the job and they will be brought to the site, trained at that specific location, before being introduced to the site


38 | CONTRACT CLEANING


manager or person in charge of the property’s maintenance. We find that this approach means that the site manager’s expectations are clear and that our staff know exactly how to approach the job and complete it to the highest standard.


Customer service: it’s


everyone’s responsibility At Merco, we have the motto ‘customer service is not a department’, by which we mean that it is everyone’s responsibility. We could have the best cleaner in the world, but if they are rude to a client or inflexible to a client’s needs, then this could undo the work that we’ve put in to secure a contract.


Building and maintaining


a good reputation Reputation is extremely important, as we rely on repeat business so heavily. The first thing people notice when they walk into a building is how clean it is, so we have to make sure that we’re always completing our jobs to the highest possible standard. Besides clients relying on us to deliver a good cleaning service, they are trusting us with keys to their buildings, entry codes and alarm systems information.


It has taken us a few years to build up our reputation, which has not


www.tomorrowscleaning.com


In an industry that heavily relies on reputation, the bond with a customer can make or break your business. Simon Dresdner, Director of Merco Services Ltd, shares his thoughts on how to develop and maintain strong client relationships.


been easy, but now that we’re established, we need to make sure we continue to perform and meet all of our clients’ expectations. If you do this, then your reputation will continue to grow and you can focus on what you do best.


Always remember... We find that being totally transparent and honest is always the best policy. We’re only human and mistakes can happen. We find that admitting to a mistake, rectifying it and making sure it doesn’t happen again is the best way to build up client trust.


Communication is also key, especially in this day and age where technology is at a stage where there’s no excuse for not responding to a client query quickly, so we aim to respond to any enquiry within two hours, if not sooner.


Regular client communication is also something that I like to emphasise, for example is a client happy? If not, what can we do to make the situation better? We find that regular contact means that clients become friends, and people like doing business with friends.


www.mercoservices.com


Page 1  |  Page 2  |  Page 3  |  Page 4  |  Page 5  |  Page 6  |  Page 7  |  Page 8  |  Page 9  |  Page 10  |  Page 11  |  Page 12  |  Page 13  |  Page 14  |  Page 15  |  Page 16  |  Page 17  |  Page 18  |  Page 19  |  Page 20  |  Page 21  |  Page 22  |  Page 23  |  Page 24  |  Page 25  |  Page 26  |  Page 27  |  Page 28  |  Page 29  |  Page 30  |  Page 31  |  Page 32  |  Page 33  |  Page 34  |  Page 35  |  Page 36  |  Page 37  |  Page 38  |  Page 39  |  Page 40  |  Page 41  |  Page 42  |  Page 43  |  Page 44  |  Page 45  |  Page 46  |  Page 47  |  Page 48  |  Page 49  |  Page 50  |  Page 51  |  Page 52  |  Page 53  |  Page 54  |  Page 55  |  Page 56  |  Page 57  |  Page 58  |  Page 59  |  Page 60  |  Page 61  |  Page 62  |  Page 63  |  Page 64  |  Page 65  |  Page 66  |  Page 67  |  Page 68  |  Page 69  |  Page 70  |  Page 71  |  Page 72  |  Page 73  |  Page 74  |  Page 75  |  Page 76  |  Page 77  |  Page 78  |  Page 79  |  Page 80  |  Page 81  |  Page 82